• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Ok, so I know that is the “golden era” of firearms, and options are insanely large. BUT, i am trying to decide a long term carry option, after all my internet searching and hour on YouTube, I bought both, now I like both but the grip angles are different and I’d like to train one primarily / extensively.

so, INGO which would you grab during a house fire, and why?

View attachment 85600

yes, I know there will be a lot of flames regarding “I’d grab a rifle” or “I’d grab something different”, yeah I get it. I’m trying to decide between these TWO.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Long term, it has to be 9mm or .45 ACP in handgun and 5.56 in rifle. That ammo will be most prevalent no matter what. Evidenced by the quick sell out in the current situation. None of the technical specs matter if you cannot source ammo for the hardware. That said diversity is the key, you should have the hardware in your preps to cover the common spectrum of security and defense applications along with .22 options. You should have ammo for every piece of hardware you possess. And don't forget 12,gauge for hunting and defense.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Ha! Good luck...

Personally I'm taking the 320... but anyone who says the glock isn't as good is ... ya know..:dunno:.

Spend quality time with each. You'll know, when you know.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I certainly took your question differently. It all comes down to ergonomics in my opinion, where is the Smith M&P in this? What works for you? What are you more accurate with? That is the answer to the question that evaded me at first...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I certainly took your question differently. It all comes down to ergonomics in my opinion, where is the Smith M&P in this? What works for you? What are you more accurate with? That is the answer to the question that evaded me at first...

i only have a M&p shield so I feel it’s unfair to toss it into this since I’m lookin at my primary edc. The shield is just to limited in round count for me. (Personal opinion and all). That being said I shoot either as well as the other. I just have to take 10 seconds inbetween to adjust mentally the grip angle usage... and I can run the Manual safety just fine, but can also be had without.

Both are 9mm although with the p320 I can swap parts to 40 or 357sig.... but Glock is just about as versatile, and in the end complexity may not be an advantage but a weakness

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    i only have a M&p shield so I feel it’s unfair to toss it into this since I’m lookin at my primary edc. The shield is just to limited in round count for me. (Personal opinion and all). That being said I shoot either as well as the other. I just have to take 10 seconds inbetween to adjust mentally the grip angle usage... and I can run the Manual safety just fine, but can also be had without.

Both are 9mm although with the p320 I can swap parts to 40 or 357sig.... but Glock is just about as versatile, and in the end complexity may not be an advantage but a weakness

Don't forget the Sig 365 as an option as well to get better round count without bulk...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Also, I have found that having the 43 as an EDC and running a few mags through for practice and having a 19 or 17 with identical controls for most practice or the Shield and another larger more comfortable M&P of the same controls is a good way to go...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Also, I have found that having the 43 as an EDC and running a few mags through for practice and having a 19 or 17 with identical controls for most practice or the Shield and another larger more comfortable M&P of the same controls is a good way to go...

thats literally why I’m wanting to go deep in one platform. Spare parts, mag sharing, familiarity, etc...

the p365 is nice. Feels great, but it’s more limited in my opinion than the Glock family or p320 line.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    I've been a life long Glock guy but after shooting a 320 carry with an optic idk it'd be a toss up. I'll probably get a 320 at some point but for now glock

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    When I went to buy my first handgun, I tried a bunch of hand guns before I bought one. I had shot a number of Glocks in the past and they did nothing for me. I could shoot them fine, but meh. I tried the Sig P320, and I liked it. The 320 was top of my list for quite a while.

It isn't what I ultimately bought, but it was a contender.

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    Ok, so I know that is the “golden era” of firearms, and options are insanely large. BUT, i am trying to decide a long term carry option, after all my internet searching and hour on YouTube, I bought both, now I like both but the grip angles are different and I’d like to train one primarily / extensively.

so, INGO which would you grab during a house fire, and why?

View attachment 85600

yes, I know there will be a lot of flames regarding “I’d grab a rifle” or “I’d grab something different”, yeah I get it. I’m trying to decide between these TWO.

Hard options here but I will go with the M17 because of the grip angle and how it shoots excellently and flawlessly. The Glock is nice too but I am not a big fan of Glock I feel they are overrated but I must confess they are nice pistol, they can't be overrated for no reasons.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I am a Sig guy myself so I know what I would choose.

But seriously:
    1. Which do you shoot better?
    2. Which feels more natural in your hand?

If the answers are not the same, spend more time practicing with the one you shoot better and it will start to feel more natural as well.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Which one have you trained the most with? Which one do you shoot better with, which one are you most familiar with?

Choose that one.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Obligatory "whichever you shoot better" answer. For me, it's the P320, the Glock ergonomics just don't work that well for me. It has nothing to do with the grip angle, it's the grip shape.

For smallish hand people like me, the baby glocks are the best ergonomically, followed by the full size, with the 19/23/32 size being worst. Which is MOST unfortunate.

Top Bottom