• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Buddy has one and I like it.. low round count and like new..now I have a chance to buy it.. For me it’s going to be a edc and plinking gun.
    Your thoughts on it please. Thanks

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I purchased P250 and I enjoy shooting it. The long double-action-only trigger pull is like a good revolver. Years agoI shot PPC double action with a custom K frame S&W. The trigger pull of the P250 is similar.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I had one in 45acp and hated it. Shot a friend's in 9mm and loved it.
    My EDC is a Sig 290RS, basically the same gun in a 9mm sub-compact. I like the DAO in an auto format enough that I got rid of my striker fired autos, YMMV.
    If it's a good deal, pick it up. If ya don't like it, the classifieds on here will rid you of it.
    Good luck with your decision.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Buddy has one and I like it.. low round count and like new..now I have a chance to buy it.. For me it’s going to be a edc and plinking gun.
    Your thoughts on it please. Thanks
    I would atleast dry fire it. For the P250, it seems like most people either love or hate the trigger. I fell in the latter and sold mine.

Overall I do think they are reliable guns, just wasn't for me.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I have a compact 250 in 9mm, I was lucky and was able to find a short trigger for it.
    I bought it when sig dropped the wholesale price a 100 bucks to be my daily carry.
    As much as I like it my first shot always when shooting in a hurry is 20" low, I dont want to wound someone in the nuts so I still keep trying to learn to shoot this pistol.
    As much as I like it I still carry my 226.
    I would buy it and see if it works for you.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I USED to own a 2SUM in 9mm. Years and years ago.

I didn't keep it.

The FS kit was a nice shooter. Accurate enough. But only 1 mag....

The SC kit was too small for my hands. Accurate enough, but hard to hold on to. And only 1 mag....

The triggers I'd liken to a nice revolver trigger. Long, just stiff enough, and smooth. Bit of stacking at the end before the shot breaks. With practice, the trigger can be gotten used to. I pared down several years ago and that set was one of the first to go.

If you like DA triggers, I say go for it IF you can find more mags.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I have not bought it just sniffing around.. not the creepy Biden sniff but sniff none the less. I have a sig 229 legion and carry it but it’s my first go around with carrying and it seems huge. Looking for a edc in 9 mm shot a M&p shield. Ok but not sure. Shot my sons xd in 9mm again about the same for me. Looking at other options before I pull the trigger. Only reason I’m looking at the sum is it’s really clean and low round count too. Plus it’s my friends and I know he’s kept it in the safe 95% of the time.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I carried a P250c for about two years I went to the range one day and click and no fire.
    Sent it back to Sig and they fixed it I just have it around now.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Once again, I guess I am the odd ball.

I have three P250s: 9mm, 40 S&W, .357 Sig and I love all three of them and have never had the first problem with any of them.

Of course, I love revolvers, DA/SA hammer fired, and DA only hammer fired and I am not a fan of striker fired guns.

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    I have a subcompact P250 chambered in 9 mm and I like it quite a bit. Yes the trigger pull is long and the reset is long. That is just the nature of a hammer-fired double action pistol. But the trigger pull is actually quite smooth. Mine has given me no trouble.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I think realistically if you can afford to buy it and you feel you need it then do it.

Magazines are the same as the 320 as others have stated.

Personally I’d not get it due to the trigger system and there are many other options out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had a Sig 250 in .22LR, and I loved it: great DA trigger practice.
    It is one that I'd wish I'd kept in the many .22LRs I've had.

I presently have a DAO Kahr CT9 that I picked up from a member that I just love: trigger is great, it is accurate & fits the hand so well.
    It is very slender & I usually like a meaty thick grip, go figure. :dunno:
    It's is one of those guns I can't justify keeping, b/c I have my Sig 365 for CC, with a CZ Rami as an option, but I just plain love the way it fits.
    I previously had two other smaller Kahrs, & I wasn't impressed, so you just never know.

Top Bottom