• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Just bought my wife and I a .22 Ruger Wrangler for just fun and target shooting. Since we are quarantined out here in the country we are doing more target shooting. So far the gun is a hit. Well made and a little more than a rough rider revolver but much better build quality. More shooting tomorrow! So far the sr.22 was more fun but this is giving more grin factor!

sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth
    I have a heritage arms rough rider with a 6.5 barrel. Both a 22 lr and mag cylinder. My favorite little pointer. And you can get them new for just a few bucks over 100.

how do you like that sr22? I’m in the market for a semi 22 pistol. I would like to find something that doesn’t have many issues jamming. I haven’t researched much yet, but the sr22 and glock g44 are at the top of the list.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Well I love the one I bought.. just to carry to the woods when I work.. my wife since has taken it over and loves it. ( along with the lever action .357 rifle I bought! I love it don’t get me wrong).
    we have fed it all kinds of ammo with very little to no issues with golden bullets and thunderbolts.
    I bought another for my son and same thing.. they shot the other day and went thru 500 rounds (m.22)
    not one misfire.
    I bought the Wrangler yesterday and the guy in the gun shop teaches a hand gun class and that is all he uses for the class he taught
    my grandkids love to shoot it (7&9 year old). It comes apart easy.. I’m sure there are other opinions but we have had no issues. Well built and easy to maintain and now going up in price..
    I will buy another some day soon. Hope this helps. Blessings. Tim

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Question on the accuracy for the Wrangler.
    Does it shoot to POA?
    I haven't had much luck with fixed sights on revolvers: they shoot low for me.

I've had a Heritage Rough Rider I picked up for $90 a couple of years ago.
    Also, a Ruger Single-Six I picked up for $300 & a Ruger Bearcat that was stainless steel with an engraved cylinder: bought just b/c it was beautiful ($340 at Point Blank)!

Just curious on how the "new" Wrangler shoots compared to the "regular/normal" Ruger single action when it comes to accuracy for those of you who have had all of them.

I was looking into picking up a Uberti: they are allegedly on par with the Ruger Single-Six, with a grip a tad longer (saw in a vid).
    The Cattleman version is basic but it has models that have a 10 round cylinder & rear adj. sights.
    Anyone have experience with any of these, especially the Cattleman with the fixed sights like the Rugers?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom