• ...and so much more!
  • unique

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2017
    Argos
    I’m looking at getting a Glock 29. On Glocks
    website they have the model 29 and a model 29sf. I don’t see a difference in the dimensions between the 29 and the 29sf. What exactly does the “sf” mean and how does it differ from the regular 29. Thanks for the help.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    SF means it doesn't feel like you are holding a 2x4 in your hand but a slightly rounded 2x4 instead.

The SF design reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear offering increased ease-of-use and control, especially to shooters with smaller hands.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There won’t be a difference in the frame dimensions between the current production 29 and 29 SF.

The current production 29 SF is a Gen3 with a slightly smaller frame than the out of production Gen 3 29. The current production 29 is a Gen 4 and all Gen 4s are small frameS, but have the additional back straps for increasing the size if you wish.

Otherwise, any differences will be the standard changes from Gen 3 to Gen 4. I know the RSA changed to a captured spring, the frame texture changed and the back straps were added. There were probably other changes as well.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    The sf or slim frame is a gen3 and the 29 is a gen 4 on their web site. There used to make a 29 gen 3 and the frame was thicker front to back at the grip compared to the 29sf.
    The 29 gen4 grip is the same size as the 29sf gen3. The gen 4 will have a dual spring RSA, wider mag release, more aggresive grip texturing, interchangable back straps and come with 3 mags vs 2 for the gen 3.
    If you get a 29sf, look into getting a 36. The 36 upper will work with a 29sf lower. This is what the 30s is.
    It's like getting 3 guns for 2. You will have a 29sf, 36 and a 30s.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    What bullet said, SF= Slim Frame, I have a Glock-21 SF as the regular Glock-21 frame is too big, and the SF frame feels just like my Gen 3 Glock-22/17 series I am so very used to

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    The G21SF and the G20SF are indeed the same frame.

When the SF design first appeared, you'd notice the difference more on the full-size G20 and G21 than you would on the G29 and G30.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    To be honest, although the circumference of the grip is slightly less on the SF models, it really makes only a little difference as to the feel.

SF really stands for "Still Fat." :)

What bullet said, SF= Slim Frame, I have a Glock-21 SF as the regular Glock-21 frame is too big, and the SF frame feels just like my Gen 3 Glock-22/17 series I am so very used to

Actually, it's officially Short Frame, not Slim Frame. Refers to the shortened front-to-rear profile of the grip.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ditto what everyone above said about the 'SF' frame being smaller in overall circumference and having a more 'rounded' feel to it!

I have a, somewhat, smaller hand / grip size and the original grip size in the Glock 20/21/29/30 was just too large in diameter for my personal comfort in using those particular firearms.

The smaller 'SF' frames have brought the grip size down to a comfortable diameter which makes those particular firearms viable for me.

Since the introduction of the SF frames, I now own a Glock 21 and a Glock 30, both with the SF frames.

Same goes for the Glock 17 / 22 / 32 sized frames...the Short Frame changes make those frame sizes feel a lot more comfortable in my grip!

Top Bottom