• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Im going to take DadSmiths lead on this one and run with it. I have a new in factory packaging value 2 pack of 10 round Ruger Mark lV 22/45 22lr mags I have no use for. They have the square baseplates but I contacted Ruger and they're sending me 2 rectangle (boot shaped) baseplates tomorrow and will be included so (per Ruger) they can be used in any Mark lV 22lr handgun not just the 22/45 22lr.

jfhvWTpl.jpg

Need a pic of your best 10 round group at 25' and a pic of the handgun. Please list the ammo used being the manufacturer, type and grain used. Please use something that can measure your group on target easily for all to see. A tape measure or coin will work. The best 10 round group will receive the mags in the mail after we're finished. Cut off date will be May 15th at 8pm.

- Only 1 post entry per shooter. You can try as many times as you like and erase a previous post and repost if you think its a better group up to cut off date but only 1 post entry per shooter.
    - Yes you need to use a Ruger Mark lV.
    - Yes a rest can be used.
    - Yes a scope, red dot or any sight you wish can be used.
    - Indiana residents only
    - No there are no age limits. Kids (with adult supervision) all the way up to Churchmouses' age (like Moses' age) can compete.

Any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and lets have some fun with this. Shoot safely and may the best shooter win.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    This sounds like fun. I was planning on trying it, then realized my only Mk IV is a full blown Black Mamba. I understand that would/should not be allowed. All my other Rugers are all Mk II models. No problem, I will have fun checking out the targets entered though. This is a great idea. Hope you get a lot of participants.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I love this! :thumbsup: It adds a little fun to life.
    I used to have two different Mark 4 pistols but now only have a Mark 3: bummer.
    With my old eyes I wouldn't have won but you know how I love to post range pics!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

SK Pistol Match Spezial, 40gr

25' measured from target to muzzle from a rest. 10 shots.

The measurement with the calipers is a very rough measurement of the out to out size of the group. The OTO is probably a bit larger and of course the CTC would be smaller.

Q84eBLG.jpg

iXrvdZU.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

The measurement with the calipers is a very rough measurement of the out to out size of the group. The OTO is probably a bit larger and of course the CTC would be smaller.

Good grief, man...give the rest of us a chance....

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

Q84eBLG.jpg

iXrvdZU.jpg

Nice shootn Tex! I mean gmcttr Looks like the bar has been set ladies and gents.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

Q84eBLG.jpg

iXrvdZU.jpg

:thumbsup:

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ruger MKIV model #40163

Q84eBLG.jpg

iXrvdZU.jpg

Impressive! Especially without any optics. I’ve got a few groups pretty close to that, but I keep managing to have 1-2 flyers that screw it up. I’ll just keep trying. This exercise has mad me realize how far this trigger is from a nice rifle.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...This exercise has mad me realize how far this trigger is from a nice rifle.

Thanks. Post up a group and swap it out if you get a better one later. We need more participant photos in this thread to make it the fun thing it is supposed to be.

The Volquartsen fire control group in my MKIV provides a crisp ~1.5 lb trigger pull and I swear it felt like 5+lb while trying squeeze off the shots for this group.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I need a range pic! :)
    I can't believe a person can shoot that well at 50' with a pistol, even with a scope & a rest: remarkable! :thumbsup:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I need a range pic! :)
    I can't believe a person can shoot that well at 50' with a pistol, even with a scope & a rest: remarkable! :thumbsup:

Sorry, don't have a pic of the range. The first competitive shooting I ever did (mid 80s) was handgun metallic silhouette. Big bore was 50, 100, 150, and 200 meters. Small bore was 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards. Accuracy was paramount, so that is a given for me. Recently, from December thru February, I have been shooting with several friends at Michigan City Rifle and Pistol Club. Two Friday nights a month they have a rimfire match in their indoor range: 50 feet. I shot a couple of rifles as well as my Anschutz Exemplar pistol. The targets are very small, sometimes just a dot. Shootoffs sometimes are toothpicks. That is fun. My buddies and I are pretty competitive. I never won, but I was only 1 or 2 points down.

So, most of the shooting I do, accuracy is a priority. I guess that should explain my leaning towards accuracy for most of my shooting. Even when I shoot Steel Challenge, I rarely miss. Part of that is due to me mostly shooting revolvers in SC. With a revolver, you can't afford to miss. I'm not the fastest here, but they are a little impressed with the revolvers.

Top Bottom