Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Info Menu

I know I am not even close but still a fun challenge none the less. Using a bone stock Ruger MKIV 22/45 Tactical with Anguilla 40gr lead bulk ammo. I am sure if I had some higher end ammo and a Volquartsen trigger job the group could be cleaned up even more. Still not bad standing (I am weird don't like bench shooting with a handgun)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post

I know I am not even close but still a fun challenge none the less. Using a bone stock Ruger MKIV 22/45 Tactical with Anguilla 40gr lead bulk ammo. I am sure if I had some higher end ammo and a Volquartsen trigger job the group could be cleaned up even more. Still not bad standing (I am weird don't like bench shooting with a handgun)

Looks great for free-hand standing to me.
    I would have to use a hand rest on a bench to that well.

User Info Menu

^^^^

I shoot an borderline excessive amount however , burned through 2,200 rounds of 9mm and about 1,000 of 22lr in the last two months.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the effort, nice try though. Keep trying, theres 10 days left.

Master

User Info Menu

Good to see another participant. An excuse to shoot is what it's all about.

Nice shooting Dean.

User Info Menu

Nice shooting Dean. Aguila SE standard velocity (not sure what Aguila you are shooting) is pretty accurate in some of my 22 pistols and not great in others. It shoots the best (tested in a Ransom Rest at 50 yards) in my Pardini for bulleye shooting. Of course, all pistols are different and rimfire ammo should be tested for each firearm to determine what shoots best for that gun.

I know you don't like shooting pistols from a rest, but give it a try. That's the game here. Also, you cannot know what ammo shoots best from a certain pistol unless you shoot from a rest and compare groups with different ammo. This is especially true with 22 LR ammo.

User Info Menu

You got a nice competition going on here i may dig around see what else i have laying around and not being used to start another one. To see things not being used that someone else could be using seems like a waste to me.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Good to see another participant. An excuse to shoot is what it's all about.

Nice shooting Dean.
    My thoughts exactly , thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Whip_McCord View Post
    Nice shooting Dean. Aguila SE standard velocity (not sure what Aguila you are shooting) is pretty accurate in some of my 22 pistols and not great in others. It shoots the best (tested in a Ransom Rest at 50 yards) in my Pardini for bulleye shooting. Of course, all pistols are different and rimfire ammo should be tested for each firearm to determine what shoots best for that gun.

I know you don't like shooting pistols from a rest, but give it a try. That's the game here. Also, you cannot know what ammo shoots best from a certain pistol unless you shoot from a rest and compare groups with different ammo. This is especially true with 22 LR ammo.
    Yeah , I am trying to find different ammo and a pistol rest now. Waiting to find one of these on sale

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1523

Plus a Gemtech .22 can and some sort of RDS , honestly might just throw a DPP on my 22/45 to keep things consistent with my STI

User Info Menu

That is for sure respectable for standing at that distance. Good work!

Master

User Info Menu

...Yeah , I am trying to find different ammo and a pistol rest now...
    My experience says sandbags can provide a more stable rest than the "pistol rests".

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast