• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Picked up this pistol about a year and a half ago, give or take. Its been a joy to carry and shoot!

The illusion of worn blueing and metal is pretty close... in reality, there is no exposed metal.

Ive always found it silly to pay someone to make a nice new gun look like an old used gun... Thats just me. I do have to say this came out pretty cool... if its your thing. I called it "duty worn" as it reminds me of the finish an old beat up cop gun would have.... seen my uncles old carry guns and the finish is pretty close:)

Figured I would share as its something a little different and unique! At the same time, I kind of like it! Its definitely not for everyone.

Let me know what you think! Like it, love it, hate it... Honestly worst case it comes back to all black, which is typically what I prefer my guns to be.

49754609893_7ac2fcae19_b.jpg

49755476247_b651d60646_b.jpg

49755136536_77c2c6bf1a_h.jpg

49755476242_2bbbc317c9_b.jpg

49754609818_febee983cf_h.jpg

49754609788_38b62d9657_h.jpg

49754609868_18359d06eb_b.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don't think I'd pay for such a high $ gun to have that finish either. For some reason (though I'd never pay the going rate for one), I do kind of like those Wilson's.

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    I think it looks good but not sure it would be my first choice of finish.

I've been seriously considering an edc x9 for my carry gun. How do you like it? Seem like a lot of gun in an easy to conceal package.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I think it looks good but not sure it would be my first choice of finish.

I've been seriously considering an edc x9 for my carry gun. How do you like it? Seem like a lot of gun in an easy to conceal package.

Honestly, I love the gun... I’ve been carrying it well over a year. I am not sure there is much I would take over it for my carry gun.

A buddy of mine just picked up a used one for $1850, so they can be found used at very reasonable prices vs new.

Highly recommended if it’s in the budget.

Cheers man!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don’t know how I feel. I think it looks good but it sorta feels like cheating, if you know what I mean.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    the x9 is a piece of art in itself untouched. The battleworn look is a personal touch. I think it looks good on your x9. Gives it that “been through every training class available and still going” look. I have looked at the x9 and just haven’t found the right one yet. Used ones are few and far between. Says a lot about it...

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    the x9 is a piece of art in itself untouched. The battleworn look is a personal touch. I think it looks good on your x9. Gives it that “been through every training class available and still going” look. I have looked at the x9 and just haven’t found the right one yet. Used ones are few and far between. Says a lot about it...

If you are seriously looking, they come up pretty often on 1911addicts.com . My buddy just picked one up about a week ago for $1900. Typically range from 2k to $2400 depending on how many mags come with it. Take a look over there if you are considering a used one!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    If I’m gonna buy a Wilson, would prefer a factory new finish myself, but love that one a bit too!

The truth is, the EDC X9 doesn’t come in a blued finish and since the slide is stainless steel and frame is aluminum it can’t be blued... so it’s finished in “Armor Tuff” is which what Wilson calls cerakote.

Since this pistol is cerakoted and only made to look used, the finish is better than what a Wilson could dream of doing.

Over the years I’ve personally been very disappointed in the level of execution of Wilson’s applicators when it comes to this finish... and I’ve let Wilson know about it. It’s part of the reason I’ve moved away from Wilson Combat in terms of semi custom. The EDC X9 is a bit different and no one else offers anything comparable at this point... so I can’t look at Nighthawk or Crafter.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you use it it's going to show some wear. A good friend always referred to "wear" on a finish as character so that's the way I always see it. My EDC has character because I use it. You can't enjoy it unless you use it.. Looks like the tool it's supposed to be. :yesway:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    If you use it it's going to show some wear. A good friend always referred to "wear" on a finish as character so that's the way I always see it. My EDC has character because I use it. You can't enjoy it unless you use it.. Looks like the tool it's supposed to be. :yesway:

I carried this gun for a year and a half... not all that long in the grand scheme of things. I use both an exodus leather and stitched leather iwb holster.

I have thousands of draws and dry fires on the gun... honestly the gun looked nearly new (before this treatment)... maybe it’s the quality of the holster, maybe it was cerakote applied right... maybe a combination of the two...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom