Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

A little twist on an EDC X9

Picked up this pistol about a year and a half ago, give or take. Its been a joy to carry and shoot!

The illusion of worn blueing and metal is pretty close... in reality, there is no exposed metal.

Ive always found it silly to pay someone to make a nice new gun look like an old used gun... Thats just me. I do have to say this came out pretty cool... if its your thing. I called it "duty worn" as it reminds me of the finish an old beat up cop gun would have.... seen my uncles old carry guns and the finish is pretty close

Figured I would share as its something a little different and unique! At the same time, I kind of like it! Its definitely not for everyone.

Let me know what you think! Like it, love it, hate it... Honestly worst case it comes back to all black, which is typically what I prefer my guns to be.

User Info Menu

Don't think I'd pay for such a high $ gun to have that finish either. For some reason (though I'd never pay the going rate for one), I do kind of like those Wilson's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

kml
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I think it looks good but not sure it would be my first choice of finish.

I've been seriously considering an edc x9 for my carry gun. How do you like it? Seem like a lot of gun in an easy to conceal package.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kml View Post
    I think it looks good but not sure it would be my first choice of finish.

I've been seriously considering an edc x9 for my carry gun. How do you like it? Seem like a lot of gun in an easy to conceal package.

Honestly, I love the gun... Iíve been carrying it well over a year. I am not sure there is much I would take over it for my carry gun.

A buddy of mine just picked up a used one for $1850, so they can be found used at very reasonable prices vs new.

Highly recommended if itís in the budget.

Cheers man!

User Info Menu

I love it! It looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The Schofield Kid: Well, I guess they had it... comin'.
    Will Munny: We all got it comin', Kid.

User Info Menu

I donít know how I feel. I think it looks good but it sorta feels like cheating, if you know what I mean.

Expert

User Info Menu

the x9 is a piece of art in itself untouched. The battleworn look is a personal touch. I think it looks good on your x9. Gives it that ďbeen through every training class available and still goingĒ look. I have looked at the x9 and just havenít found the right one yet. Used ones are few and far between. Says a lot about it...

Plinker

User Info Menu

I like it, looks badass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    the x9 is a piece of art in itself untouched. The battleworn look is a personal touch. I think it looks good on your x9. Gives it that ďbeen through every training class available and still goingĒ look. I have looked at the x9 and just havenít found the right one yet. Used ones are few and far between. Says a lot about it...
    If you are seriously looking, they come up pretty often on 1911addicts.com . My buddy just picked one up about a week ago for $1900. Typically range from 2k to $2400 depending on how many mags come with it. Take a look over there if you are considering a used one!

User Info Menu

I dig it, but like you id rather it be made naturally.
    Definitely a dream gun, just not in the budget.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast