• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    A while back I sold some guns to buy my S&W Shield 380 EZ and 9mm EZ. I am very happy with both as I am pushing 70. I sold my Ruger 380 pocket (original) and now I need a pocket for shorts and stuff....a buddy just bought the S&W and there are too many for me to think.....how about some choices yourself :dunno:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I had the Lcp custom in the past but just did not like the trigger on it. I have since picked up a Bersa Thunder and really like it. Heavy gun for the size since it's all metal but has been reliable and plenty accurate for its intended purpose. Cant get away with not wearing a belt while in the pocket due to its heft like I could with the Lcp. That's the only downfall of it in my opinion

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    A few years ago I rented four 380s - Ruger LCP , Smith Bodyguard , Glock 42 and Kimber Micro and I thought I would really like the Glock 42 and I did. But truth be told I did not dislike any of them. The Bodyguard and LCP both shot better than I anticipated although the LCP did shoot higher on target than the other 3.

Later I ended up buying a Glock 42 here on the classifieds but had numerous malfunctions with factory FMJ (Federal) and use it as a range gun. I have an older Interarms Walther PPK/S but for today's standards it is a heavy beast of a gun for its size. Although totally reliable and possible the most accurate 380 I have owned.

Last summer I came across a deal on a Ruger LCP II at the Gander in FT. Wayne and it has been my pocket carry gun ever since - easy to carry , has been totally reliable and it shoots quite well for such a small light pistol. I see that you had a Ruger 380 , LCP? The trigger on this LCP II is much different than the original LCP I rented. Though I like the grip shape of the original LCP better. But I really like the slide locking back on the last shot feature of the LCP II.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sig P238, rosewood grips, tritium sights. I have a couple of holsters for it besides just my pocket...but that's always an option.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Sig P238, rosewood grips, tritium sights. I have a couple of holsters for it besides just my pocket...but that's always an option.

Twins!!

While the Sig is my EDC in an IWB holster, for pocket carry I find the Sig a bit too heavy and even with a belt it makes my pants sag. For pocket carry I have a S&W Bodyguard as it is lighter and does not have as many snag points when pulling out of the pocket. Even in your pocket be sure to holster and carry nothing else in that pocket.

Just ordered one of these to try:

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/zacchaeus-concealment-holster/

IMG_1094.jpg

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I like the Colt 1903 in .32 ACP. If you reload you can load a .32 ACP a lot heavier and get off aimed shots quicker than shooting the .380. The .32 has a much better track record than .380. Gun writers get paid to sell magazines and writing about how bad the .32 ACP is sold magazines. A large percentage of them have never shot a .32 auto pistol. I am 75 and hear the kids saying the 9mm is as good or better than the .45 as that is the favorite Kool-Aid selling the magazines. The sad thing is there are only 2 or 3 makers putting out .32 ACP pistols and they won't stand up to heavy loads. If you should get a Colt 1903 and don't reload use Europium made ammo as it uses a heavier bullet and is more powerful than USA made ammo.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a Bodyguard 380 I've had several years. Overall it has been very reliable. The finish is holding up well and the gun has run with any type of ammo I have tried. I have run about 600 rounds through mine. The downside is a 3 mile trigger pull. Not hard but very long. That took a little to get used to. Overall I'd buy one again.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I carry a S&W Bodyguard .380 with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I like the flap that covers the outside and hides the profile in the pocket so it looks like a wallet or something. Also the little rubber nubs are very grabby and keeps it in the pocket if you do have to pull the gun out, although mine have mostly fallen off over time.
    BG1.jpg BG2.jpg BG3.jpg

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Back in the late 90s I carried a Colt Pocketlite 380. I used a Bear Creek back pocket holster most of the time. I know it was in the 90s but it was great for me at the time. Carried it everywhere and didnt have any issues. Theyre being made again and might be something to checkout if youre stuck on a 380 caliber.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've got a Kahr CW380 that goes with me to places I can't carry anything else, IE, weddings and funerals! A $20 DeSantis pocket holster, Hornady XTPs and I'm ready to go!

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I had a Sig P238 and it was a great little gun. Traded it off several years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Recently picked up a Springfield 911 (let the SA haters chime in) and frankly it is just as good as the P238, but about $150-$200 cheaper.

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've had a Sig p238 Extreme for several years. It has worked great as a small summer carry gun and occasionally a pocket gun. Recently I picked up a Ruger LCP Custom. It is great as a pocket gun. It's much lighter and marginally smaller. I find myself carrying it much more often for short trips. It's easy to just throw it in my pocket and head out the door.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I had a Sig P238 and it was a great little gun. Traded it off several years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Recently picked up a Springfield 911 (let the SA haters chime in) and frankly it is just as good as the P238, but about $150-$200 cheaper.

Bought my wife a Springfield 911 - she loves it. Very accurate and extremely lightweight. I recommend buying the 7 round magazine with the pinkie extension - helps her accuracy a lot over the standard flush 6 round magazine. Only thing I have noticed is that it needs cleaning more than our other handguns.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I second the AMT backup in .380. Fit it anywhere. Not many shots, but I don't know of a more concealable pistol in semi auto. I've carried one for over 20 years.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just sold my LCP 2 today and purchased a 911 .380 w NS today. I have carried the LCP/LCP Custom/LCP 2 for 10yrs now and wanted to try something different. I like the Boraii kydex pocket holster and ordered one for the 911 today. Taking the 911 out tomorrow and will update, if I remember

Top Bottom