Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 380 pocket gun

User Info Menu

380 pocket gun

A while back I sold some guns to buy my S&W Shield 380 EZ and 9mm EZ. I am very happy with both as I am pushing 70. I sold my Ruger 380 pocket (original) and now I need a pocket for shorts and stuff....a buddy just bought the S&W and there are too many for me to think.....how about some choices yourself

User Info Menu

I had the Lcp custom in the past but just did not like the trigger on it. I have since picked up a Bersa Thunder and really like it. Heavy gun for the size since it's all metal but has been reliable and plenty accurate for its intended purpose. Cant get away with not wearing a belt while in the pocket due to its heft like I could with the Lcp. That's the only downfall of it in my opinion

Marksman

User Info Menu

A few years ago I rented four 380s - Ruger LCP , Smith Bodyguard , Glock 42 and Kimber Micro and I thought I would really like the Glock 42 and I did. But truth be told I did not dislike any of them. The Bodyguard and LCP both shot better than I anticipated although the LCP did shoot higher on target than the other 3.

Later I ended up buying a Glock 42 here on the classifieds but had numerous malfunctions with factory FMJ (Federal) and use it as a range gun. I have an older Interarms Walther PPK/S but for today's standards it is a heavy beast of a gun for its size. Although totally reliable and possible the most accurate 380 I have owned.

Last summer I came across a deal on a Ruger LCP II at the Gander in FT. Wayne and it has been my pocket carry gun ever since - easy to carry , has been totally reliable and it shoots quite well for such a small light pistol. I see that you had a Ruger 380 , LCP? The trigger on this LCP II is much different than the original LCP I rented. Though I like the grip shape of the original LCP better. But I really like the slide locking back on the last shot feature of the LCP II.

User Info Menu

Sig P238, rosewood grips, tritium sights. I have a couple of holsters for it besides just my pocket...but that's always an option.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Sig P238, rosewood grips, tritium sights. I have a couple of holsters for it besides just my pocket...but that's always an option.
    Twins!!

While the Sig is my EDC in an IWB holster, for pocket carry I find the Sig a bit too heavy and even with a belt it makes my pants sag. For pocket carry I have a S&W Bodyguard as it is lighter and does not have as many snag points when pulling out of the pocket. Even in your pocket be sure to holster and carry nothing else in that pocket.

Just ordered one of these to try:

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...lment-holster/

When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

I really like my Kimber micro .380 for times when I “don’t need to carry” 😁

Marksman

User Info Menu

I like the Colt 1903 in .32 ACP. If you reload you can load a .32 ACP a lot heavier and get off aimed shots quicker than shooting the .380. The .32 has a much better track record than .380. Gun writers get paid to sell magazines and writing about how bad the .32 ACP is sold magazines. A large percentage of them have never shot a .32 auto pistol. I am 75 and hear the kids saying the 9mm is as good or better than the .45 as that is the favorite Kool-Aid selling the magazines. The sad thing is there are only 2 or 3 makers putting out .32 ACP pistols and they won't stand up to heavy loads. If you should get a Colt 1903 and don't reload use Europium made ammo as it uses a heavier bullet and is more powerful than USA made ammo.
    Battle of Belleau Wood, The Battle of Iwo Jima, Battle of Chosin Reservor,Tet Offensive!

User Info Menu

Nobody ever said 7.62 was an insufficient caliber...7.65 Browning
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

I have a Bodyguard 380 I've had several years. Overall it has been very reliable. The finish is holding up well and the gun has run with any type of ammo I have tried. I have run about 600 rounds through mine. The downside is a 3 mile trigger pull. Not hard but very long. That took a little to get used to. Overall I'd buy one again.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I carry a S&W Bodyguard .380 with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I like the flap that covers the outside and hides the profile in the pocket so it looks like a wallet or something. Also the little rubber nubs are very grabby and keeps it in the pocket if you do have to pull the gun out, although mine have mostly fallen off over time.
    BG1.jpgBG2.jpgBG3.jpg

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast