Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Vertec grip is a must imo. I'd love if they made the 92A3 with a frame mounted safety and or decocker option.

User Info Menu

I would say go rent a few and find which one suites your needs best. I personally wanted the 92a1 when I was looking for my first handgun. I couldn't find one to buy right away (impatient) so I found a 92fs. I love it. It's my carry gun and by far my favorite. I recently bought the APX because I love berettas. I plan on doing an Inox parts kit and barrel on my 92. Anyway you look at it I don't think you can go wrong. I have had 0 failures in the 3000 plus rounds I've fired out of it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seldon14 View Post
    Vertec grip is a must imo. I'd love if they made the 92A3 with a frame mounted safety and or decocker option.

They sort of do. Look at the M9A3 Black or 92X That should be pretty close to your taste

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ECS686 View Post
    They sort of do. Look at the M9A3 Black or 92X That should be pretty close to your taste
    92x is closest but I don't need all the "match" features that raise the price. The a3 black still has its decocker slide mounted.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've got a lot of time on the 92 and still own an M9-marked model in case I deploy with a unit that hasn't been fielded the M17 yet. Eventually I'll buy an M9A3. Everything is better- grips, trigger, safeties - and it even comes with a threaded barrel.

I don't have any time on the X models, so that may sway my opinion when I inevitably shoot them.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seldon14 View Post
    92x is closest but I don't need all the "match" features that raise the price. The a3 black still has its decocker slide mounted.
    Just a suggestion and heres why. I am an agency instructor with an agency that issues 92D Vertecs. I also spent time in the USAF and retired with ANG and did some instruction and a lot of shooting as I was assigned to Nuke bases for a time.

The Military Berettas and older ones are fine HOWEVER when we got the Vertecs they have plastic (poly) guid rods and triggers. (new DA/SA have plastic levers)

As bad a rap as haters say we didnt have many problems with M9s Military And no trigger issues. With the Vertecs we have dead triggers about every day when we are qualifying. Granted these are shot occasionally more but they go down WAY to much. (50 shooters a day we will have 2 ro 3 a day or every other day go down and it's a 66 round course plus what instructors shoot at lunch)

Even the Beretta rep recommended we buy the upgraded trigger (our bean counters are not gun guys so they dont want to hear that or care)

The poly trigger gets a groove worn I it and it will not reset aka dead trigger. The guide rides while functional do not wear well and look like crap in short order. They just aren't made as well as Glocks system.

So my suggestion if you dont want the 92X (butt handle one and you will be impressed.) At least order the $70 or so kit from Beretta with upgraded trigger, guide rod and Safety/decock lever. If you don't and keep the poly parts you will eventually run into an issue.

Again just my experience and I have seen quite a lot with training and using both since 1989
    Last edited by ECS686; 04-30-2020 at 08:14.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Go to Cabella's and check out their 92G Elite LTT on sale.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dekindy View Post
    Go to Cabella's and check out their 92G Elite LTT on sale.

What's 'on sale' at Cabelas mean?

User Info Menu

No LTT models on sale at Cabela's, that was unfortunately an exciting dead end.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    No LTT models on sale at Cabela's, that was unfortunately an exciting dead end.
    Was a recommendation from YouTuber and I went to the website and thought that I verified it. Sorry for the error.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast