• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm calling this the "Plague Pistol" because it's been sitting around unfinished for months, and I just ordered the last of the parts I need, with my plague payment... lol. Now, this isn't a high dollar deal, but like all poverty stricken home builders, that's not stopping me from expecting the damn thing from working. I'm going the Glock route, as I don't own anything Colt, but I already have 2 Glocks, a 17, and a 45 that both take the same mags.

I started off with everyone's favorite... the PSA pistol lower, because it was cheap, complete, and easy to find. The upper is a Spartan. I got it private sale. It has the LRBHO and a kinda cool "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" engraved on the right side. It's new, as was the barrel I found from another private sale, an 8" PSA.

So, I got my plague payment, and decided to finish this thing. Brownells is sending me their charging handle, and BCG, and I have a 7" Midwest Industries M-Lok rail, Sig Romeo 5, and thread protector coming from another source.

Eventually, it will probably get a light, and a hand stop, but at least it will be functional. Got Jeep parts to buy as well...

So far the best thing about her is her name, but anyhow here she is...
    Ladies, and Gentlemen, I give you, The Plague Pistol. (almost)

mEF9urT.jpg

More to follow once she's done.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    So the Romeo 5 comes in the other day.

The BCG, and the charging handle come in today.

I've got an old Streamlight in an Arisaka mount off my old .300 BO SBR I plan to use, but no Midwest Industries rail yet. I'm really hating how this plague is interfering with parts shipping out for my Plague Pistol...

I go to check... not even an e-mail about the order.

I go back to the Brownells site... I had left it in my cart... Well, now I wait for another week or so... I did, however find an old handguard from a 7.5" gunshow special 5.56 pistol upper I bought maybe 15 years or so back, so I slapped it on for now just to make it operational while I wait...

GDtI5mX.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    How much does it weigh right now?

95583208_2565625253685952_148510258174623744_n.jpg

Not a clue. No scales.
    It's the lightest AR I own, so there's that. Got 2 in 5.56, and 1 in .308.

Why do people always ask this?

Is everyone out there (except me) obsessed with the weight of their firearms?

If it's not a 23+ pound M60...I'm good.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    95583208_2565625253685952_148510258174623744_n.jpg

Not a clue. No scales.
    It's the lightest AR I own, so there's that. Got 2 in 5.56, and 1 in .308.

Why do people always ask this?

Is everyone out there (except me) obsessed with the weight of their firearms?

If it's not a 23+ pound M60...I'm good.

No bathroom scale lol.
    You mean you didn't get the chance to handle the new and improved M60-E4? It was 3lb lighter.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Now that is spending quality time during the pandemic. I think this piece looks pretty cool. Just ad a light here and a laser there and you’ve got a great “toy” to be proud of. Congratulations.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    TrumpBux

The money is TrumpBux.

Also, this is a nice pistola. I spent my TrumpBux on new flooring for the house I'm **selling** .... sigh

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    TrumpBux

The money is TrumpBux.

Also, this is a nice pistola. I spent my TrumpBux on new flooring for the house I'm **selling** .... sigh

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No... not TrumpBux. That went into the new roof fund... as did our tax refund.

I just finished it during the plague...

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Looks good! How does it shoot? I have been wanting to build an AR 9mm pistol, but have heard that mixing and matching different manufacture's components does not work out sometimes.

How should I know? I just finished it 15 minutes before I took the photo... lol. Planning to get out to a buddies property to do some shooting soon. I've heard that about mixing and matching too, but I've always had good success with my builds. (5.56, .300 BO, .308) First 9mm AR though, so I guess we'll see...

Top Bottom