Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Iím running both OEM Glocks and Magpul at the range and have had zero issues with the Magpul out of G19 or my AR 9.
    "Always have enough ammo to shoot your way out!" - Donald Cadwell

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I have 4 Magpul mags in the mix for using at work and they've not disappointed me, not one time.
    I ran 4 magpul g19 mags through a 2 day pistol coarse (around 800 runds) and they did very well. No hiccups at all. Dropping them on the clay dirt, rocks and grass ground too.
    No issues.
    No issues ever on the static range either and I have thousands of rounds now through them (many of them not just 4) over the last 4 years.
    Would I carry a magpul brand glock mag as a backup knowing my life depended on it? My answer based on my personal experiences: absolutely yes.

Other peoples mileage may vary but for a regular guy like me they are fantastic.
    Retired with low speed & high drag

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Because of 'reasons' the Magpul is my first available reload from my belt-worn extras. As such, it gets reloaded a lot during training and practice. I trust them with my life.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Why no love for Magpul? I've got a bunch of them and they've been 100%. I've not known anyone personally who has had a problem with them, either.
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

Iíve had multiple issues with Magpul G mags. Mostly rounds nosedown. These were first gen mags, supposedly they are fixed but there isnít enough juice compared to squeeze between them and factory to make me want to switch.

User Info Menu

So, who has a line on Magpul mags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Really surprised me how stiff the magpul's are....not being a wuss but I have a little arthritis in my thumb already at 42!!! and it's a pain to reload em without a reloading helper thingy but I'll pick one up and keep using em , I had the trial bigdaddyunlimited membership and got them for 10.99 each ,think it was a sale and maybe they're cheaper somewhere else

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elcardo View Post
    Really surprised me how stiff the magpul's are....
    I agree on this! I have 4 G17 MP mags. I use a Maglula and it's still a struggle to load to full.

In my experience, and in that of many others, they don't like steel or aluminum cased ammo. That's what I use, if I can, for range and class work. So it's a minor inconvenience at worst, and a good training element at best.

I have a small stash of G17 mags. I do realize that I can use them all in the G19. I just don't wanna.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elcardo View Post
    Really surprised me how stiff the magpul's are....not being a wuss but I have a little arthritis in my thumb already at 42!!! and it's a pain to reload em without a reloading helper thingy but I'll pick one up and keep using em , I had the trial bigdaddyunlimited membership and got them for 10.99 each ,think it was a sale and maybe they're cheaper somewhere else
    They are definitely harder to load than factory Glock mags. I have a number of them but have had so many issues with them I simply don't use them at all any more. I have around 100 OEM 19 and 17 mags so I don't bother with the, in my view substandard, Magpul units.

Michael Swisher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2