• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Midway USA seems to have OEM for $21.24

Botach tactical seems to be out of stock.

Greg Cote also seems to be out of stock.

Check your usual suspects and get them as close to $20 or less as you can.

Personally I'd stay away from the Korean, etc mags.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The KCI and Magpul would only be for range / training use. I understand the risks involved with those. BUt maybe KCI quality has gone down in the last several years?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The KCI and Magpul would only be for range / training use. I understand the risks involved with those. BUt maybe KCI quality has gone down in the last several years?

I can understand the attraction to MagPul depending on the price, but really when OEM are about $20 or so, and MagPul even cheaper, why mess with the KCI, and other off brands. Just seems like when faced with a $20 OEM or a $10 maybe, I'd go with the OEM, and save the frustration later. And if you decide to switch platforms, etc getting your money back out of OEM Glock mags is usually not difficult.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can understand the attraction to MagPul depending on the price, but really when OEM are about $20 or so, and MagPul even cheaper, why mess with the KCI, and other off brands. Just seems like when faced with a $20 OEM or a $10 maybe, I'd go with the OEM, and save the frustration later. And if you decide to switch platforms, etc getting your money back out of OEM Glock mags is usually not difficult.
    Because for serious use, Magpul are trash too. I’m a HUGE Magpul proponent, but the Glock mags don’t do enough of anything, including price, to not buy factory G’s.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Because for serious use, Magpul are trash too. I’m a HUGE Magpul proponent, but the Glock mags don’t do enough of anything, including price, to not buy factory G’s.

Agreed, I don't have any experience with the MagPuls for the Glock really. I didn't want to lump them in with the KCIs, but yeah, my statement stands. No need to go non OEM on Glock mags since the OEMs are plenty cheap.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

I have 4 Magpul mags in the mix for using at work and they've not disappointed me, not one time.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have 4 Magpul mags in the mix for using at work and they've not disappointed me, not one time.
    I ran 4 magpul g19 mags through a 2 day pistol coarse (around 800 runds) and they did very well. No hiccups at all. Dropping them on the clay dirt, rocks and grass ground too.
    No issues.
    No issues ever on the static range either and I have thousands of rounds now through them (many of them not just 4) over the last 4 years.
    Would I carry a magpul brand glock mag as a backup knowing my life depended on it? My answer based on my personal experiences: absolutely yes.

Other peoples mileage may vary but for a regular guy like me they are fantastic.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Because of 'reasons' the Magpul is my first available reload from my belt-worn extras. As such, it gets reloaded a lot during training and practice. I trust them with my life.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve had multiple issues with Magpul G mags. Mostly rounds nosedown. These were first gen mags, supposedly they are fixed but there isn’t enough juice compared to squeeze between them and factory to make me want to switch.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Really surprised me how stiff the magpul's are....not being a wuss but I have a little arthritis in my thumb already at 42!!! and it's a pain to reload em without a reloading helper thingy but I'll pick one up and keep using em , I had the trial bigdaddyunlimited membership and got them for 10.99 each ,think it was a sale and maybe they're cheaper somewhere else

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Really surprised me how stiff the magpul's are....

I agree on this! I have 4 G17 MP mags. I use a Maglula and it's still a struggle to load to full.

In my experience, and in that of many others, they don't like steel or aluminum cased ammo. That's what I use, if I can, for range and class work. So it's a minor inconvenience at worst, and a good training element at best.

I have a small stash of G17 mags. I do realize that I can use them all in the G19. I just don't wanna.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Really surprised me how stiff the magpul's are....not being a wuss but I have a little arthritis in my thumb already at 42!!! and it's a pain to reload em without a reloading helper thingy but I'll pick one up and keep using em , I had the trial bigdaddyunlimited membership and got them for 10.99 each ,think it was a sale and maybe they're cheaper somewhere else

They are definitely harder to load than factory Glock mags. I have a number of them but have had so many issues with them I simply don't use them at all any more. I have around 100 OEM 19 and 17 mags so I don't bother with the, in my view substandard, Magpul units.

Top Bottom