• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Bought myself my birthday present. I’ve been gun shopping for awhile now looking to upgrade my daily carry. I got a Glock 26 gen 4. Haven’t shot it yet but hoping to put some rounds through it tomorrow. Also, bought a Constitutional Carry holster as well. I got it from Acme Sports in Seymour. Great people to deal with. Will definitely buy from them again.

Attachments

• 6E36F252-6EB6-42D9-8381-E9DA93AB95A2.jpg
      6E36F252-6EB6-42D9-8381-E9DA93AB95A2.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 58
    • 22250388-4546-4B62-BC9F-517DD9D43CB3.jpg
      22250388-4546-4B62-BC9F-517DD9D43CB3.jpg
      137.9 KB · Views: 41

gonzo335

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Demotte
    The tlr-6 is a good little light. I believe it’s one of the only if not the only that can go on a 26 since there’s no rail. Finding a holster for that will be tough through. If you got factory glock sights I’d upgrade those first. I see you have the pinky extension for a couple mags. If you want a good +2 for the mags I’d check out hyve technologies.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Thanks guys. Any accessories I should look for? Someone suggested a TLR for it but heard it’s hard to find a good holster with it on it. Opinions?

I keep Glocks simple, just adding aftermarket Tritium Night Sights and an extended slide release...keeping everything else 'stock'.
    With the subcompacts (Glock 26, 27, and 33) you can use a larger magazine (a Glock 19 15-round magazine works great)
    and an X-Grip spacer to 'fill-in' the blank area. They're great pistols and will last you for years!
    Keep the feed ramp and barrel clean...and leave the copper lubricant in place for as long as it lasts, it's good stuff and will keep your gun running well!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats! Those are great little guns. The best accessory you can add right now is a case of ammo. Run the snot out of it and it will tell you if it needs anything.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    The tlr-6 is a good little light. I believe it’s one of the only if not the only that can go on a 26 since there’s no rail. Finding a holster for that will be tough through. If you got factory glock sights I’d upgrade those first. I see you have the pinky extension for a couple mags. If you want a good +2 for the mags I’d check out hyve technologies.

Thank you for the input. That was going to be next question was about some extended mags. I’ll look into the night sights as well.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I keep Glocks simple, just adding aftermarket Tritium Night Sights and an extended slide release...keeping everything else 'stock'.
    With the subcompacts (Glock 26, 27, and 33) you can use a larger magazine (a Glock 19 15-round magazine works great)
    and an X-Grip spacer to 'fill-in' the blank area. They're great pistols and will last you for years!
    Keep the feed ramp and barrel clean...and leave the copper lubricant in place for as long as it lasts, it's good stuff and will keep your gun running well!

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I’m not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to adding accessories to guns. So what does adding a extended slide release to it do?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ameriglo Spartans on my G26 Gen 3 helped me out a lot (my new glasses did too but that's another thread.) Keep the one 10 rounder extension-free for more conceal-ability. As wide as a G26 is you can still make it disappear with a Super-Tuck for those "I really have to dress up and if it gets hot I'll want to take my jacket off" occasions.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Personally, the only real mods I'd look to do would be a good set of night sights (trijicon HDs are my preferred, but the ameriglo Spartans are very similar, but I have had trouble finding them at times)

and a Vickers rounded mag release (they may say extended but they are not for gen 4, they simply round out the rectangular angles and make it much more ergonomic to me)

That and plenty of mags and ammo.

Last edited:

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Personally, the only real mods I'd look to do would be a good set of night sights (trijicon HDs are my preferred, but the ameriglo Spartans are very similar, but I have had trouble finding them at times)

and a Vickers rounded mag release (they may say extended but they are not, they simply round out the rectangular angles and make it much more ergonomic to me)

That and plenty of mags and ammo.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Definitely going upgrade the night sights. I’ll check out the mag release as well.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I’m not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to adding accessories to guns. So what does adding a extended slide release to it do?

The extended slide release makes it easier to release the slide back onto a loaded magazine during magazine swaps, if that's your method for charging the pistol (loading a round from the magazine into the chamber) making it ready to fire as the OEM factory version is rather flat and can be (sometimes) difficult to engage.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    bd1.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nice, I currently EDC a G-27, but pulled an old G-26 gen 3 out of my safe this weekend and remember buying it for $300 used in 2003, the Trijicons are marked 2015, so I must have replaced them.
    I will get some range time with it, "WHEN" my local range(s), open back up.

Top Bottom