• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Contemplating getting an aftermarket slide. Gun would be either G17 or G19 Gen 4. Looking for options, opinions or whatever.
    • $400-475 price range.
    • Must be cut for RMR.
    • Strictly used as a range gun.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Why not just spend a little extra and buy a Glock 34 with an RMR Already cut. Great range gun plus it’s Glock you know it works.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why are you wanting an aftermarket slide? Do you already have a frame? Just asking to better be able to make suggestions. Are you out for something that looks cool or has slide cuts or a certain finish?
    If you just want a rmr capable glock the new factory options are great.
    In your budget let's see,
    Check out the brownells brand slides. I have a couple of them and they are awesome for the money. And they guarentee them. They are more plain Jane but they work.

Zev, you may be able to find a blem unit somewhere within your budget. Not sure if you'll find a "new" unit that cheap.
    But I love mine and they are neat looking. Lots of different options.

If you decide to spend a little more, check out Lantac. Awesome slides.

POF might have something in your price range too

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Why not just send a little extra and buy a Glock 34 with an RMR Already cut. Great range gun plus it’s Glock you know it works.

I don’t want a factory milled slide Glock (MOS). I’ve read we’re the adapter plate will loosen over a short period of time. Even if that is not true or can be corrected I don’t care for the use of adapters.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Why are you wanting an aftermarket slide? Do you already have a frame? Just asking to better be able to make suggestions. Are you out for something that looks cool or has slide cuts or a certain finish?
    If you just want a rmr capable glock the new factory options are great.
    In your budget let's see,
    Check out the brownells brand slides. I have a couple of them and they are awesome for the money. And they guarentee them. They are more plain Jane but they work.

Zev, you may be able to find a blem unit somewhere within your budget. Not sure if you'll find a "new" unit that cheap.
    But I love mine and they are neat looking. Lots of different options.

If you decide to spend a little more, check out Lantac. Awesome slides.

POF might have something in your price range too

*The use of an aftermarket slide allows me to put it back to stock if I don’t care for it.
    *I currently have a G19 but would like to leave it alone as this is my carry gun.
    *I can pick up a used G17 for around $400+/- and it has a slightly longer barrel and more magazine capacity.
    *I have found deals on the Zev for just over $400.
    *Looked at Norsso, and Lantau but haven’t heard much about them.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    A few reasons I wouldn't buy an aftermarket slide.

1 with the cost involved you can get a complete MOS ready complete firearm from Glock without adding much.

2 Been to 2 Glock Armorer courses and a they advised against it because most manufacture dont have it down ad far as exact weights etc so you run risks ou f malfunctions (and it wasnt like you need to buy our stuff)

3 What I have witnessed. I have shot a ton of matches the last 30 years. The only Glocks that ever have an issue (outside occasional rookie user error) that I have witnessed have had aftermarket Slides, barrels trigger or guide rod whatever. All of them.

Some of the slides look cool but why discard a serviceable slide I wouldn't be against an MOS cut but anything more aftermarket than that I'd steer away from but to each their own.

Good luck

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If you already have a slide send it to ZR Tactical in Noblesville and have it cut for an RMR. It will cost you $175~ and roughly a week turn around time. The Glock MOD system is garbage and not well thought out. Kinda like the Glock 44

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Ebay and search for a Glock slide for your preferred frame. Slide with an RMR cut should be less than 200 and probably 250 with the cool cuts, upper parts kit will run about 80 and a barrel will be about 100.. I've put a couple together for a friend and they functioned fine.. Make sure your upper parts kit is OEM..

Couple examples...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-19-G...032494?hash=item289146ddee:g:eWQAAOSwmAhegoTJ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AlphaWolf-...813159&hash=item3404a1e387:g:vpwAAOSwElhcZYo4

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you already have a slide send it to ZR Tactical in Noblesville and have it cut for an RMR. It will cost you $175~ and roughly a week turn around time. The Glock MOD system is garbage and not well thought out. Kinda like the Glock 44

Dean, I'm curious about the finish on the ZR RMR slide mill. In the pics on their website, it looks like they machine it fairly rough. Do they smooth it out or is that what you get?

I can understand that maybe the thought is it gets covered up but I'm fussy enough, I'd like to have the base of the cut reasonably smooth.

My metal machining knowledge is relative to automotive engine machining so I may be looking at this all wrong.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Dean, I'm curious about the finish on the ZR RMR slide mill. In the pics on their website, it looks like they machine it fairly rough. Do they smooth it out or is that what you get?

I can understand that maybe the thought is it gets covered up but I'm fussy enough, I'd like to have the base of the cut reasonably smooth.

My metal machining knowledge is relative to automotive engine machining so I may be looking at this all wrong.

They offer refinishing services, my father has had at least one gun milled by they and he was very happy with the job they did. But with red dots right now I like to get the RDS mounted as low as possible in the slide and a mill job is the best way to do that. Especially on a well known platform like the Glock

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    *The use of an aftermarket frame allows me to put it back to stock if I don’t care for it.
    *I currently have a G19 but would like to leave it alone as this is my carry gun.
    *I can pick up a used G17 for around $400+/- and it has a slightly longer barrel and more magazine capacity.
    *I have found deals on the Zev for just over $400.
    *Looked at Norsso, and Lantau but haven’t heard much about them.

Why not buy a Glock frame complete for a LOT less than $400 and just build a completely different gun with the new slide? Aftermarket frames can be hit or miss but I've never heard of a reliability problem with a factory frame. At that point if you don't like it you have a complete gun you can sell.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Why not buy a Glock frame complete for a LOT less than $400 and just build a completely different gun with the new slide? Aftermarket frames can be hit or miss but I've never heard of a reliability problem with a factory frame. At that point if you don't like it you have a complete gun you can sell.

My bad, I had a typo. I meant to say the use of a aftermarket SLIDE allows me to put it back to stock.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They offer refinishing services, my father has had at least one gun milled by they and he was very happy with the job they did. But with red dots right now I like to get the RDS mounted as low as possible in the slide and a mill job is the best way to do that. Especially on a well known platform like the Glock

But couldn't they slow to cutter speeds to get a smoother finish? I guess I'm too picky. I'd like there to be few machine marks if someone is going to put hard steel to my firearms.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm more of an Agency Arms fan for Glock that Zev or Lantac. CDNN Investments had some good deals on Adams Arms Glock slides and barrels.

Top Bottom