• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK...…..this is nuts.
    Yes, it would make a very durable anchor. And a great paper weight.

But I digress. If that is all you can afford then have at it just do not stand next to me when you run it OK.....:lmfao:

That is a stellar 2nd post my friend and welcome to Ingo.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am actually one of the few here willing to admit that Hi-Points aren't terrible. I used to own one of the carbines and it ran great. I only sold it because it was the only gun I had in .40 and I almost doubled my money when I sold it.

I have never owned the pistols, but knew people that did. I have shot them, and seen people shoot them enough to say I would trust one to be reliable. I would carry one or uss it as an HD gun if it was all I could afford or if it was my only option.

That said ... there are so many better options out there for not much more money. Hell, a Taurus G2C is only about $50-60 more and has double or triple the quality and features, with a higher capacity.

Hi-Points are good coffee can guns, meaning they are well suited to be buried somewhere and dug up in case of emergency. It also might be worth having one or two around to hand off to a friend if SHTF.

But for an EDC, there are better options.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If I was looking to reload some +p 9 or 45 I would use one in my reloading work up to save my good firearms from possible damage. Afterwards send in to hi point if needed and resell when done.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am actually one of the few here willing to admit that Hi-Points aren't terrible. I used to own one of the carbines and it ran great. I only sold it because it was the only gun I had in .40 and I almost doubled my money when I sold it.

I have never owned the pistols, but knew people that did. I have shot them, and seen people shoot them enough to say I would trust one to be reliable. I would carry one or uss it as an HD gun if it was all I could afford or if it was my only option.

That said ... there are so many better options out there for not much more money. Hell, a Taurus G2C is only about $50-60 more and has double or triple the quality and features, with a higher capacity.

Hi-Points are good coffee can guns, meaning they are well suited to be buried somewhere and dug up in case of emergency. It also might be worth having one or two around to hand off to a friend if SHTF.

I can say I technically own one. I inherited one from my dad. (not sure why dad bought one) Its still at mom's house, and I havent fired it, but its mine. I guess.

OP is correct, while quite fugly, Ive seen several torture tests that rival the performance of a Glock.

Still doesnt mean they are not as ugly as sin. No getting over the aesthetics of them.

Oh, and for every one of you that owns the pretty cool carbines? Know those things share the exact same trigger group of those shameful looking pistols. So before you laugh too much at those of us that own the pistols, know you are close cousins to us. :):

I'll make sure I bring it to the next INGO open shoot just for giggles.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    They are definitely fugly. That being said I'm not afraid to admit I have 2 carbines. 9mm and 45. Both have been absolutely flawless and are accurate as hell.
    Just wish capacity was better or at least someone would come out with some reliable 30 round mags for it. They make a nice cheap trunk gun

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I dont own one and God forbid I ever do but aesthetics aside every one I've shot has went bang with even the crapiest ammo. At least they have that going for them, oh and they make descent hammers if theres not a good Estwing around. :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can afford more then that trust me but yo can throw that gun in water and sand etc. and it’ll still fire.

OK why would you. Serious question. And it is ugly my brother. Way more than a G**** and I am no fan of them.

Not trying to argue this but they really are not good guns.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I own a couple of Hi-Point pistols and a carbine. The pistols are heavy, ugly and feel cheap. Fill the magazine with ammo and shoot away. I have shot Tula steel, Federal aluminum, Winchester white box, Remington, PMC, Winchester PDX, Hornady Critical Defense,.... any of the several other different bands have all went off when I activated the trigger. I have not had feeding or ejection issues with Hi-point pistols or carbine. But would I want to carry one, not unless that was my only option. Like mentioned, you can get a Taurus G2C for about $50 more. And my G2C has 12 rnd magazines, more refined look and quality, and is much lighter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well said sir. This pretty much covers it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can say I technically own one. I inherited one from my dad. (not sure why dad bought one) Its still at mom's house, and I havent fired it, but its mine. I guess.

OP is correct, while quite fugly, Ive seen several torture tests that rival the performance of a Glock.

Still doesnt mean they are not as ugly as sin. No getting over the aesthetics of them.

Oh, and for every one of you that owns the pretty cool carbines? Know those things share the exact same trigger group of those shameful looking pistols. So before you laugh too much at those of us that own the pistols, know you are close cousins to us. :):

I'll make sure I bring it to the next INGO open shoot just for giggles.

Please.......:):

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a Hi Point fan and would not carry one if I have any other option, but.......

[video=youtube_share;a3V8mK5FadI]https://youtu.be/a3V8mK5FadI[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hhhhmmmm, not sure what we have here.

ssgt-jeffery-lewis-running.jpg

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    High point is the most durable gun Especially for price. Enough said.
    I don't particularly care what you choose to buy, shoot, or carry, it's none of my business, we all know that saying about opinions though.

Besides being cheap and ugly, I know nothing of hipoints so someone like me could still be swayed, but you havent posted anything to support your claim.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom