• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Range results using a standing position and two hand hold at 7 yards with Ruger LCP II vs Glock 42. The LCP II was used wtih Aguila 95 and 25 shots and G42 with Remington 95 and 20 shots. The Glock
    sights are much better and is easier to get a grip on. If the LCP II at least had a dot front sight the target I am sure would be better.

a 380 LCP II 25 shots.jpg
    a 380 G42 20 shots.jpg

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Nice shooting. I'm actually surprised the LCP did so well.

Thanks, I really have to apply a very firm grip to accurately fire the LCP II. The first time out with it last summer I did not have the mag extension and could not keep the pistol from shifting around in my hand.

Great shooting! Did one feel better in your hand than the other?

The Glock 42 definitely feels better in my hand. There is literally more to grip with the G42 and the grip shape is more comfortable. I fire the G42 without a mag extension with no issues. The mag extension for me is a necessity firing the LCP II.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Wife got an lcp2 , really wanted her to buy the glock but it's her carry not mine .....now she complains about shooting the lcp and wants a new pistol lol.
    Definitely great gun for concealment though

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    LCP II is smaller with more felt recoil (and an improved trigger over the original LCP IMHO). G42 is a bit larger and a pleasure to shoot.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    At least your G42's functioned well. My wife had 2 G42's and both jammed consistently. We replaced both with LCP II's and she's not had a single jam since. Yes, more felt recoil, but much better than the original LCP and a better gun than the G42 IMO. We've run several brands of ammo through both LCP II's without a single issue and due to that I own one for times when I have to deep conceal. Little thing absolutely disappears.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    At least your G42's functioned well. My wife had 2 G42's and both jammed consistently. We replaced both with LCP II's and she's not had a single jam since.

Actually my G42 was very unreliable firing Federal 95 FMJ, multiple failures in less than half box fired. My Interarms PPK/S functioned perfectly with it. I tried a newer mag and still the same results. My LCP II and Walther PPK/S both have been totally reliable.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Actually my G42 was very unreliable firing Federal 95 FMJ, multiple failures in less than half box fired. My Interarms PPK/S functioned perfectly with it. I tried a newer mag and still the same results. My LCP II and Walther PPK/S both have been totally reliable.

I loved everything about my G42 but it would not reliably fire any FMJ. It was 100% with carry ammo, though. I wound up selling it and keeping a G43 as my primary summer carry weapon. I was accurate with that 42 and just loved the way it felt when shooting.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That was similar to my results. We bought the G42's because of a lot of posts where people were saying they were fantastic and very reliable. While they functioned better for me, they still jammed every so often with various types of ammo and jammed consistently multiple times per magazine for my wife. The same ammo that we had horrible issues with in the G42's have run fantastically in all 3 LCPII's we have. Yes, the sights stink and the felt recoil isn't the best, though better than the original LCP, but they're very small, pretty accurate and the trigger is actually pretty nice. Anyone wanting a gun of this size should seriously consider the LCP II IMO.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville

If this is going to be a carry gun, I would think this bit of info would be far more important than accuracy. If it can’t be trusted to go bang when needed, why carry it? I’ve considered both of these, but have yet to fire either one, so I appreciate your feedback.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've had zero reliability issues with either the G42 or LCP II using cheap FMJ (various, but mostly Win WB), XTP, or Hydra Shok.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I've had zero reliability issues with either the G42 or LCP using Blazer, Rem, Fed, TulAmmo, Underwood XTP, Hydra Shok or Lehigh Defense.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom