Can anyonrne tell me about a Walter CCP M2 9MM?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm thinking about buying one for the wife.
    I'm intrigued by these as well. I know the M2 doesn't require a take-down tool like the M1 did, so the M2 is definitely the way to go. The gas recoil system works really well according to a number of YouTube videos you can search for and watch. The gas system means the gun will get hot, but it's not the kind of gun IMHO you'd use for an extended range outing anyway. Accuracy is reported to be very very good, and Walther ergonomics are second only to CZ. Don't expect the trigger to be as nice as the PPQ, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for a CCW. Field strip and re-assembly is a little different, but I think easy enough to get used to after a couple times of doing it.

If you pick one up would love to hear a range report.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I had one. It works as advertised, felt recoil is less than similar sized guns. Reviews are accurate.

Sweetie did not like it. She now has a Shield EZ9 that is easier for her to use, and has even less felt recoil. She says it fits her hand better than the Walther.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I own two of the older version. It has been my EDC for about the last four years and I train with it regularly. I added a set of TruGlo TFX Pro Titanium sights and couldn't be happier with it. The fixed barrel and lower recoil make for quick and accurate follow up shots.

I feel like the perceived take down issues associated with the first model are much ado about nothing; but, it is certainly easier with the M2.

I plan to buy a third soon and have the slide milled for a Vortex Venom red dot.

Fyro1gV.jpg

2khjCFi.jpg

Fyro1gV

Fyro1gV

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    With the introduction of the Shield EZ380 and EZ9 and Glock 48 there are now better choices available in the marketplace. I applaud Walther for their innovation and desire to address a growing market, but ultimately the CCP and PK380 lines have simply been out classed.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    My wife carries one daily. She loves it and needs the reduced slide tension due to a weak strength in her hands from an injury. The M2 is still difficult to take down and reassemble, but she doesn't shoot it all that much. The delayed blowback creates a lot of heat in and around the chamber and it gets pretty charred up on the inside with only a few shots.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if you need the reduced slide tension.

NoGoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2021
    Zionsville
    I have the original CCP then bought the CCP M2. They are both very smooth shooters and have exceptional ergonomics. Other than some grips about needing a tool to field strip the original, I've not seen or heard any complaints about the CCP (especially the M2). It's a great choice for a carry pistol.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have the original CCP then bought the CCP M2. They are both very smooth shooters and have exceptional ergonomics. Other than some grips about needing a tool to field strip the original, I've not seen or heard any complaints about the CCP (especially the M2). It's a great choice for a carry pistol.
    You haven't read much (about the original) then. LOTS of gripes on the Walther forums. Several documented issues. Lots of long threads about what went wrong and how to fix them. seems a good portion work fine or go to owners that don't know better but still a LOT of problems for a production gun. I have one. I really want to like it, I do like a lot of things about it. Unfortunately it's conceptualized by upper management and designed by interns. there are a couple mistakes in the design that are just "oh duh" mistakes like not cocking the striker until AFTER the slide is far enough back to load another round and no tolerance behind either for overtravel meaning to function reliably, you have to batter the frame and there's a small range of travel that it's possible with a light load that it can conceivably load a round without cocking the striker (Literally every other gun I've seen cocks before cycling the action enough to eject or load another round.

All of this applies to the 1st gen. I haven't held an M2 or gotten a closer look at it or the mechanism. I'd love to get one if it were offered cheap or even handle, disassemble, and put a few rounds through it on a loaner.

Top Bottom