• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does the Glock MOS Suck?

Allow me to respectfully ask for Glock haters and smart asses to take their posts to other threads.
    PLEASE...

...and thank you! :ingo:

[video=youtube;ns-Qve-xRtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-Qve-xRtM[/video]

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Hmmmmm... my 19 gen 4 mos has been perfect for I think 3 years.
    this does make me want to investigate further but mine has been ON the entire time ive owned it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Optic ready pistols are always a compromise. It's better to buy the pistol and get the slide milled to mount your specific optic.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Wow, 20 minutes for 3 minutes of info, typical, I love to hear myself talk, Utube dissertation. I wouldn't consider the green loctite if you EVER plan to use an different optic. I put oil between the MOS plate and the gun to prevent any rust issues. I've had a couple and never had a problem. 45 MOS I have at the moment has functioned as intended without issue for about 6 months and probably 1000 rounds.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve become a fan of having a slide milled over the MOS route. But, the MOS allows you to restore the gun back to ‘as bought’ condition should you want to sell it. There are advantages to either method of mounting, I guess.

Having an RMR on my G23 means that once a year I get to pull the sight to swap batteries, clean and oil the area underneath and re-torque the mounting screws. Sure, I need to check zero when done but I practice regularly so that’s not really an issue.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Do not own one but was considering so did some research. Saw some users having difficulty with the optic not staying secure. screws were not long enough?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've heard, from more than one source, that the included mounting plates from Glock are super sucky. And that getting an aftermarket mounting plate is a wise investment.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I didn't bother watching the video. I have had no problems with my Gen4 G17 with Delta Point. I have used it for USPSA CO for every season except the first year (I used my carry gun that year.) It has about 40,000 rounds through it. I am a sample size of one.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I bought a C&H Precision plate for my G19 gen5 late last year for $65. It was machined so poorly you would have thought it was a Chinese knockoff from Ebay. The plate didn't lay flat on the slide and the optic wouldn't lay flat on the plate either. It was made out of aluminum. I contacted them and they gave me a refund, although I believe I had to eat the shipping costs. I put the factory steel MOS plate back on and called it a day. I haven't looked around to see if there is another option available. I did like the idea of the different plate and the way it was supposed to work better than factory. Oh well.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Do not own one but was considering so did some research. Saw some users having difficulty with the optic not staying secure. screws were not long enough?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    If the optic screws came loose they weren't tightened or possibly too long or too short. A little basic mechanical ability is a plus when you are installing anything aftermarket. I had to shorten screws about .030 on one install I did but I can't imagine things coming apart if assembled correctly. One size fits all is seldom applicable.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If the optic screws came loose they weren't tightened or possibly too long or too short. A little basic mechanical ability is a plus when you are installing anything aftermarket. I had to shorten screws about .030 on one install I did but I can't imagine things coming apart if assembled correctly. One size fits all is seldom applicable.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]
    The screws for my Holosun had to be shortened a little as well. Not a big deal at all.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Blue loctite on all screws that aren't near heat source. The MOS plate and optic qualifies for this treatment.

Top Bottom