• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Sometimes I’m a bit slow to try new things but I come around eventually I’ve spent a very good deal of time reading up on CZ’s and understand Cajun Gun Works builds some top notch custom guns..... and also realize the CZ custom shop builds some nice ones as well it seems. Is one better than the other? Not trying to open a can of worms here but a lot of you fellas know a thing or two about CZ’s..... Thanks

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    eH11wYlh.jpg

The CZC A0-1 is HARD to beat IMHO, if you want a range toy / competition pistol this is it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The CopperHead line from Cajun customs is one of the sweetest running pistols I own,. I do not have a good pic of it.
    I have had some work done from CZC and was not pleased. I had the Wizard re-work their work and I was happy with it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I second CM on this one. I think CGW has a solid history of making top-shelf parts for all flavors of CZ enhancements. The absolute best route to take IMHO is probably what Birds Away has already PM'd you about, which is for you to order the CGW parts for the upgrades you want, and have The Wizard do the installation. Will save you a bit of money in the long run as well as having extremely knowledgeable and experienced hands working the magic. Anyone with patience can install parts, but The Wizard has his secret sauce to making the upgrades sing together beautifully.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I second CM on this one. I think CGW has a solid history of making top-shelf parts for all flavors of CZ enhancements. The absolute best route to take IMHO is probably what Birds Away has already PM'd you about, which is for you to order the CGW parts for the upgrades you want, and have The Wizard do the installation. Will save you a bit of money in the long run as well as having extremely knowledgeable and experienced hands working the magic. Anyone with patience can install parts, but The Wizard has his secret sauce to making the upgrades sing together beautifully.

I completely agree with this.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    CGW is good stuff but shooting a stock gun in is fun too as trick guns are ability driven. Is your stock gun affecting your marksmanship?

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I don’t have a CZ yet..... I have two classes of handguns.... carry guns and target guns. Have slimmed things down in the guns that sit department as well as carry gun department. My one and only target gun right now is a immaculate 1955 Camp Perry 1911A1..... one of less than 130 made for civilians that year. I’m also a tinkerer. I’ve bought firearms just to tear them down to see how they work etc and then send them down the road. CZ’s are the one platform I haven’t messed with yet but with my studies the mechanics of them explain why they work so well and with accurized good why they work even better. Thanks again gentlemen

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I third this...Have stock, CGW and Custom Shop guns. None better than the Wizard.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I take it that the Wizard is CGW?
    It's tempting to look at it this way! But NO. CGW is their own thing, and llh1956 is our own INGO member we call "The Wizard". I do believe he's on a first-name basis with some of the key CGW employees, but he's not employed by them. Could be and probably should be, as I've heard more than one Czicko say what llh1956 has done with CGW's parts is done better than what CGW does in-house. He's done a couple for me that are absolute dreams, and completely 100% reliable after many many rounds.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    A wizardized cz has been my favorite gun to shoot. Some platforms lend themselves to better results, but all are beyond reproach.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Well I appreciate the guidance fellas.... I think I’ll end up getting into some variant of the 75 and see what I think of it before dumping some serious $$$ on a custom. Thanks again!! Craig

Top Bottom