Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 318 of 501 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 328 368 418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 5008

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG View Post
    I gave in, guys. House was at 83 degrees all afternoon, so Iím sleeping at my parentsí house for the night and headed back early in the morning for work. I need non-sweaty sleep!
    Fond memories of sweaty sleep.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Fond memories of sweaty sleep.
    I think that growing up without A/C and having an upstairs bedroom made me more appreciative of todayís comforts. I do miss spending hot summer nights sleeping on our back porch though.
    Ď88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

GM all. Coffee or die.

Is it still healthy if I add bacon or B's & G's? Asking for a dad.
    I don't know what she read, but Demon #1 is on a health kick. I wasn't allowed to cook a proper breakfast today.
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger_Ronin View Post
    GM all. Coffee or die.

Is it still healthy if I add bacon or B's & G's? Asking for a dad.
    I don't know what she read, but Demon #1 is on a health kick. I wasn't allowed to cook a proper breakfast today.
    Nothing wrong with fresh fruit and/or a smoothie for breakfast. Every time I can I'll pick fresh fruit, though it's usually in addition to my breakfast instead of in place of...

User Info Menu

Second finally!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hANNAbONE View Post
    That sounds Spicy, Weiner...
    Carlos only knows Spicy or Speedy. Hot and fast. And then a pina colada to cool down afterwards.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I think that growing up without A/C and having an upstairs bedroom made me more appreciative of todayís comforts. I do miss spending hot summer nights sleeping on our back porch though.
    We didn't have central air until I was in 3rd grade I think. I very clearly remember my parents and I all huddled in the only room in the house with a window A/C unit eating our lunch on hot days. I'm a big baby with heat though - I'll take the cold all day over the heat.

User Info Menu

We were the same. Growing up we had 2 window AC's downstairs and one small one in my room upstairs because it was a huge room. Still had to have several fans going to circulate the cool air enough for it to make much of a difference. Over 90 and humid and the window AC's didn't do as much as I'd have liked, but were better than the few times we had to do without. Didn't have central air until I went into the Army and that sucked (90+ and high humidity all day then what felt like 50 some in the barracks at night). Have had it ever since my first apartment and every house I've owned. Twice I've had it fail (once in MN and once here last summer) and I had it replaced within a few days. Luckily last year it failed when it was cooler out, so it wasn't too bad. Like you SS, I'll take cold over heat any day.

User Info Menu

I grew up in East Tennessee without air conditioning...box fans were our only relief.
    All men are created equal...Only a few become a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine..

User Info Menu

I don't like having swamp ass in my own house. I guess I'm spoiled.

Up until 2 years ago we mainly had window AC units and fans. Now we have central air. Keep it around 73-74.