• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Have to admit this one looks nice. Any idea where they may fall on the Build Quality spectrum? Wondering if they a Range Officer with happy trim or if they might be somewhere in the middle. Looks like MSRP is around $1500.00

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Springfield-Armory-Vickers-Tactical-Master-Class-1911-2.jpg

Springfield-Armory-Vickers-Tactical-Master-Class-1911-1.jpg

stats.png

stats2.png

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That's a nice looking gun, it does have a Black-T finish and some custom parts and night sights that will drive the price up along with some nice machining. I like the ball cuts and the checkering and slide serration pattern. They don't mention anything about a trigger job or a fitted barrel so I wouldn't look to it to really shoot any better than their other guns. SPFD 1911's usually have a nice slide to frame and barrel fit and shoot fine anyway. The only downside to me is usually the beavertail fit, the ones in media usually look pretty good but the ones that hit the street can be so so but since I do my own that's just my own pickiness. If these hit somewhere in the $1300's i'd say it's a nice buy.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Looks good, not a lot of useless features to drive up the cost. Very tempting, depends on actual street price.

I agree. It's looks almost perfect.

If I had to pick a nit, it'd be the lack of a beveled magwell. I don't personally consider that useless, though I imagine some do.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    That's a nice looking gun, it does have a Black-T finish and some custom parts and night sights that will drive the price up along with some nice machining. I like the ball cuts and the checkering and slide serration pattern. They don't mention anything about a trigger job or a fitted barrel so I wouldn't look to it to really shoot any better than their other guns. SPFD 1911's usually have a nice slide to frame and barrel fit and shoot fine anyway. The only downside to me is usually the beavertail fit, the ones in media usually look pretty good but the ones that hit the street can be so so but since I do my own that's just my own pickiness. If these hit somewhere in the $1300's i'd say it's a nice buy.

Looks like street price is about $1500 including background check and taxes we are at 10% so this might be doable. Wondering how it would compare to a TRP?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I like this gun quite a bit at first glance. I'l wait for the market to settle and see what this is really selling for.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Some of us don't like the looks of them and we aren't kewl enough to need to press check our pistols over and over to see if they are loaded.
    Correct they are loaded why do I need to check it is the first thing I do after inserting the magazine.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Some of us don't like the looks of them and we aren't kewl enough to need to press check our pistols over and over to see if they are loaded.
    I'm going to vote with Expat, I don't like the front serrations look either.

Top Bottom