Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Do you regret buying a CZ Scorpion?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lilboog82 View Post
    it has been since it was made by CZ. All that information is already on it; serial #, manufacturer, where made, etc., and put on application. No need for further information to be engraved. I think you are thinking of an homemade lower or homemade suppressor.

the ATF would not have approved it if I didnít have everything in order. Iím good, I got my stamp
    Did you buy the weapon as a pistol and then submit the paperwork (form 1) to make it an SBR? If this is the case it must be engraved. The ATF doesn't say you can't have the stamp until you confirm the engraving is done. They just assume you follow the rules and have engraving done. Just trying to save you some heartache brother. Ask your FLL friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesnít need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    Did you buy the weapon as a pistol and then submit the paperwork (form 1) to make it an SBR? If this is the case it must be engraved. The ATF doesn't say you can't have the stamp until you confirm the engraving is done. They just assume you follow the rules and have engraving done. Just trying to save you some heartache brother. Ask your FLL friend.
    I get and appreciate it. just got ahold of my dealer and he said Iím good as long as Iím the sole owner of it for the end of time, my time that is. I only need to engrave it if I ever intend on selling it.
    You canít fix stupid

User Info Menu

I get and appreciate it. just got ahold of my dealer and he said Iím good as long as Iím the sole owner of it for the end of time, my time that is. I only need to engrave it if I ever intend on selling it.
    Hate to tell you but I believe your friend is wrong.
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesnít need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

no need to engrave it. Did form1 electronically thru my buddy who has his class 3 license. came back less than a month later

and shouldíve stated extra $200 additionally to $800
    Yeah you need to engrave it. But hey its your life doo as you wish.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

So even if that is true (which I think its not) why. Someone will have to deal with this when you go toes up in the dirt. Your mind set is a bit odd. I would not test the theory. And I damned sure would not leave it for anyone else to deal with even if you did keep it forever and always.....

Edit.....did you actually open AND READ THE LINK RK PROVIDED. YOUR GUN EQUIRES AND id ENGRAVED ON IT PERIOD.

Good lord we are our own worst enemy's sometimes.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

So even if that is true (which I think its not) why. Someone will have to deal with this when you go toes up in the dirt. Your mind set is a bit odd. I would not test the theory. And I damned sure would not leave it for anyone else to deal with even if you did keep it forever and always.....

Edit.....did you actually open AND READ THE LINK RK PROVIDED. YOUR GUN EQUIRES AND id ENGRAVED ON IT PERIOD.

Good lord we are our own worst enemy's sometimes.
    unfortunately this happens more than I care for.

ughhh, I hate all this government red tape BS
    You canít fix stupid

User Info Menu

Yeah, letís change the federal registered part that was APPROVED by the government. That sounds smart. I have the approved application in hand along with my tax stamp.
    You're not changing it; you're adding additional information to it.

I bought a Serbu Super Shorty AOW. Remington had made it as a firearm (not a shotgun; it never had a stock), so they stamped their info and a serial number onto it. Then Serbu made that existing firearm into an AOW, so they engraved their info onto it (but notably they did not add a serial number or alter the number Remington put on it initially).

If I ever decide that I want to put a stock onto it, I will have to file a Form 1 and engrave it with my information, which would make the third name/city/state on it. The serial number would never change, though.

What type of FFL does your friend have? They are not all the same, and I think you would be well served by talking for a few minutes with someone who has as FFL 07/02 SOT.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

He has his class 3 license. Super smart guy so I guess thatís why I thought he knew what he was talking about.
    You canít fix stupid

User Info Menu

My guy sent me this article about engraving. I will still get mine engraved just to be on the safe side but that was interesting article.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/do...-form-1ed-sbr/

You canít fix stupid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4