Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Do you regret buying a CZ Scorpion?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

CZ Scorpion owners: any regrets?

To those who have spent your hard earned money and invested into a CZ Scorpion, I have a simple question.

Do you have any regrets about buying it?

If so, was it:
    • Under powered
    • awkward to shoot/handle
    • didnít fit the application for which you intended
    • felt cheap
    • too expensive to get it set up correctly with aftermarket parts (trigger, safety, etc.)
    • just too freakín expensive to keep because I love to pull its trigger and buy cool things for it

Plinker

User Info Menu

No regrets, most fun Iíve ever had with two hands. Even after I got her majestyís permission to shoulder and vfg it.

User Info Menu

I'm happy with mine, especially now that there are Magpul magazines for it.

I am seriously considering the binary trigger, but that won't be for at least a little bit.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    To those who have spent your hard earned money and invested into a CZ Scorpion, I have a simple question.

Do you have any regrets about buying it? No

If so, was it:
    • Under powered It has more felt recoil than expected out of a 9mm
    • awkward to shoot/handle Without a brace or stock (SBR), yes.
    • didnít fit the application for which you intended
    • felt cheap it doesnít feel cheap while shooting, but afterwards when cleaning I always notice how beat up the hammer gets and that does annoy me. Also, I have the micro version and the roll pin that holds the charging handle in keeps on backing out.

• too expensive to get it set up correctly with aftermarket parts (trigger, safety, etc.) not at all, in fact, quite the opposite
    • just too freakín expensive to keep because I love to pull its trigger and buy cool things for it This, very much so! You will go through ammo fast!

Plinker

User Info Menu

CZ Scorpion owners: any regrets?

Thatís interesting with the roll pin and it may be because I have mine cerakoted I have never had an issue with the roll pin backing out. The rest of your comments apply to mine as well except I have not payed attention to the hammer wear so no comment on that.

Edit: mine is not a micro. I had the pistol version with the carbine handguard and I added the k barrel from in lead we trust.

User Info Menu

I'm wanting to get at least one more Scorpions. I have the normal pistol with the fake suppressor flash can (plans to replace it with a suppressor). I would like to get either a micro, or convert one to a micro. I could also be tempted to get the carbine as well.

My current one is probably the gun I enjoy the most. I have not done any changes to my gun yet.

User Info Menu

Pick my Micro up today. Bought it with the intention of using it as a backpack gun for travel, etc. If it works out, it will replace a Mini Draco and save 3-4 pounds when factoring in 4-5 loaded mags, etc. I don't plan on it being a high volume shooter but who knows. And yeah, a suppressor will find its way on someday.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

I'd have really really really considered the Ruger PCC take-down pistol dealio if it had been on sale when I bought my Scorpion.

That said, I really do enjoy it.

User Info Menu

I will agree with BravoMike that the blowback action means more felt recoil than you would expect from a 9mm, but it's not bad. It's still less than a 5.56 AR.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've had mine for a few years I never leave it behind when I go to the range. Only thing I hated about it is the grip I dont know what they were thinking when they designed it with that angle.

Every factory mag I have is cracked defiantly have to pickup some aftermarket mags i use the manticore arms mags.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast