• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Anyone else have one of these? If so, have you done anything with the 20lb DA trigger pull? Or have an exploded parts diagram/disassembly procedure?

I picked on up this week to use suppressed, and it is nice enough. Itty bitty tiny black sights, the insane DA trigger pull, aside, I really like it. I can see the target thu the sights over the silencer, and the SA trigger is great.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Is yours brand new? Usually a couple hundred dry fires will help it a little.

Yes, brand spanking new. While I don't have any .22lr snapcaps, I have been working the DA pull with empties and thumb controlled fall. And yes, over time, I expect things to get a tad better. I would like to see how to remove the sear so I can polish up the side that trips the hammer in DA.

Anyone ever use American Gunsmithing Institute? They have a video and maybe book for complete disassembly, for $34.99 + s/h.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    No experience with them but have been on my radar to pick up to run suppressed. Look forward to hear more of your experiences with it

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    No experience with them but have been on my radar to pick up to run suppressed. Look forward to hear more of your experiences with it

So far it is great. I have a Gemtech Outback on it, and with the CCI SV it is quieter than my S&W M&P 22c with a Huntertown Arms can. Keep it single action, and shooting is fun. Got some paint today, and will try to get the sights painted tomorrow, and hopefully pick them up better. I did find this place on the web - Walther PPKS .22 ? Custom installer of Trijicon Night Sights . A wee bit on the high side for my tastes.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    sweet. I’ll have to be in the lookout. Are the coming with threaded adapters new or did you have to buy it elsewhere? I just have a cheap form 1 can but it’s as quiet as any form 4 22 can I’ve shot or been around. Need to send in a couple more forms to make more so I don’t always have to swap from gun to gun

So far it is great. I have a Gemtech Outback on it, and with the CCI SV it is quieter than my S&W M&P 22c with a Huntertown Arms can. Keep it single action, and shooting is fun. Got some paint today, and will try to get the sights painted tomorrow, and hopefully pick them up better. I did find this place on the web - Walther PPKS .22 ? Custom installer of Trijicon Night Sights . A wee bit on the high side for my tastes.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    sweet. I’ll have to be in the lookout. Are the coming with threaded adapters new or did you have to buy it elsewhere? I just have a cheap form 1 can but it’s as quiet as any form 4 22 can I’ve shot or been around. Need to send in a couple more forms to make more so I don’t always have to swap from gun to gun

Pistol only comes with a thread protector. Or barrel sleeve keeper. Whichever way you choose to call it. I purchased an adapter from Hughes Precision - https://hughesprecision.com/product/walther-ppks-22-adapter-with-fluted-thread-protector/

.22 cans are worse than potato chips, you can't only have one. Form 1 solvent trap conversions work very well. I plan on getting a Q Erector next.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Well, I just did what I could. Here are some pictures. First up is left and right side of the sear, that I cannot get out of the pistol. I did manage to remove both pins holding it in to come out, but it won't come out with the bar in place. I am unwilling to take the trigger out to get the bar from trigger to sear to come out, so the sear might come out.

Next is several views of the sear in place.The dark line is where the right side of finger rides on the sear. Then the rough nature of the sear, and finally a little bit of polishing of the sear.
    3mvkct2
    sear-left.jpg
    sear-right.jpg

sear-line.jpg
    sear-close.jpg
    sear-hammer-finger.jpg
    polished.jpg

Yeah, I know...photos are HUGE. I stink at pictures and editing.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Rimfires have strong hammer springs for a reason. To make a rimfire reliable you need to smack the rim much harder than you'd need a firing pin to strike a center fire primer.

So the double action is always going to be heavy, unless you don't mind giving up reliability.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Rimfires have strong hammer springs for a reason. To make a rimfire reliable you need to smack the rim much harder than you'd need a firing pin to strike a center fire primer.

So the double action is always going to be heavy, unless you don't mind giving up reliability.

I do follow that theory. However, in my experience with .22lr hand guns - S&W K-22 revolvers, SIG P226 with .22 conversion kit, SIG P938 with .22 conversion kit, 1911 with .22conversion kit, Walther P22, Colt Official Police in .22lr, and even several Rohm RG-23 - NONE had the DA trigger pull of recent manufacture .22lr handguns. No, I do not look for classic revolver style DA trigger pull, but with a published DA pull weight of 17.5lbs, it can be better.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'd also bet those handguns you mention are less reliable than modern 22lr handguns.

...snip... - S&W K-22 revolvers, SIG P226 with .22 conversion kit, SIG P938 with .22 conversion kit, 1911 with .22conversion kit, Walther P22, Colt Official Police in .22lr, and even several Rohm RG-23 - NONE had the DA trigger pull of recent manufacture .22lr handguns....snip...

My Colt is 1940 era, and goes bang every time. I do not know the dates on the K-22s, no problems with them other than looks (I shoot, I don't collect, unless you ask my wife). The SIGs, the RIA 1911, and the Walther were all made this century, with the Walther as the 'oldest' new gun from 2005. Yes, the Rohms had other issues not related to extra heavy trigger pull in DA.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom