• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://defbrief.com/2020/06/22/us-air-force-awards-22-2m-contract-for-new-handguns/

Approx 125,000 SigSauer M-18s.

US-Air-Force-awards-22.2m-contract-for-new-handguns.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Going for 600 on Gunbroker? Gives you and idea of what the markup is on Sigs. :laugh:
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I'd like to have one, but I was issued an M9 by the Army back in the day, and that's what I bought for myself. Great handgun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I got a better deal the Uncle Sam! I got 2 for 60 bucks!... I won one from the nra for 20 bucks in the “wall of guns” and I win the other from our gun club raffle for 40 dollars!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Hang on a minute! The Air Force has pistols? This seems a little dangerous :cool:

Not only that but we (former USAF SP here() actually went to 9mm JHP ammo for our M9s in 1999 for stateside bases. And when we went from model 15 revolvers to M9 in 1988 were mandated to carry 30 rounds 15 with one in the pipe decocked on fire. Shocker!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    A striker-fired handgun with a safety is the stupidest-looking thing ever.

:lol2: Stupidest looking thing ever is the "glock gadget" second stupidest is an active safety. Any sort of external safety will never prevent a negligent discharge, only the user can prevent a negligent discharge.

It sure makes putting it in a holster a whole lot safer.....
    :nono: Training, the proper holster and keeping your finger off the trigger while re-holstering is the procedure to avoid loud noises:):

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Top Bottom