• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I was so incredibly blessed to recently have a Colt Trooper MK III handed down to me. It is in pristine condition and a beautiful weapon. The trigger is long and heavy. My Smith and Wesson revolvers have much better triggers. Does anyone know anything about the Colt Trooper MK III's? Any suggestions on who works on the triggers?

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Congratulations, the MKIII are great 357's, the acrion wont be as slick as a Python, but they are MUCH more robust. They will last a lifetime.

If you do a lot of dryfiring you should use snap caps as the firing pin can be damaged, and that's a factory only repair.
    Wolff makes reduced springs if the trigger bothers you, might just take some getting used to.
    Great Colts!

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I put Wolff springs in mine and it made a big difference. I love it because it was my first CF handgun and it is beautiful. I have a set of Hogue wood grips on it that I modified and refinished. It is the only handgun I've killed a deer with. I had stepped away from my shotgun and heard a deer coming from behind me. It was in the pocket of my Carrhart bibs so I used it to drop a 120 pound doe. I still shoot a Mdl. 19 or 66 better though.

Top Bottom