• ...and so much more!
  • chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Hi All,

I’m curious if people buy Glocks with their night sights or other upgraded sights? I’ve always bought the cheapest Glock with the awful plastic sights, but I wanted to see if others have strong opinions.

Thanks for contributing.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The stock Glock night sights are pretty good, but I like their AmeriGLo Bold sights better. I buy Blue Label and the night sight models are usually about $60 more than the standard model with the plastic "sights." Don't know if it's the same price difference for standard retail. I gladly pay $60-$70 more for the upgraded sights from the factory, you'd pay more than that if you bought the standard model and got night sights installed later.

I don't even really like Glocks all that much, but I've got 3 of them. My 17 and 34 both have the Ameriglo Bold sights on them from the factory. I also have a 42 that didn't have the Ameriglo option when I bought it, so I bought the standard model and upgraded to Trijicon HD sights.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Always upgrade the sights to at least something metal. Those plastic sights just seem like a bad idea , I like Trijicon HD's preferable the "thin" ones

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Always upgrade the sights to at least something metal. Those plastic sights just seem like a bad idea , I like Trijicon HD's preferable the "thin" ones
    +1 for metal. The first thing done to any Glock I've had is remove the plastic sights. I have used truglo and trijicon both and happy with results. Lots of options in this field.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Hi All,

I’m curious if people buy Glocks with their night sights or other upgraded sights? I’ve always bought the cheapest Glock with the awful plastic sights, but I wanted to see if others have strong opinions.

Thanks for contributing.

My take, FWIW, is that not only are the stock plastic sights less durable and prone to breaking, but the sight picture is terrible. While I did see a difference in the Gen 5 G26 I had, where you could actually see a bit of “daylight” on either side of the front post, the dot and “u” don’t line up properly to my mind. To line up the tops of the sights as you’re supposed to do, you don’t see the bottom of the dot on the front.
    Now the other side of the coin, finding a shop that stocks the upgraded models.
    It'll cost more money after the fact but sometimes is easier to upgrade later.
    Not that finding a Glock of any kind on the shelf is easy right now...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The stock night sights are good. The only reason to swap them out is if you have a different preference to a particular sight.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The issue is Glock states in an Armorer training metal on metal and polymer on polymer except when its the sights.

The couple issues with stock sights is once you make an adjustment it becomes easily moved. Also if you drop it the factory sights are the only thing that can break (unles you drop the slide only and bend the recoil spring cutout at the front of the slide)

If one really likes the factory stock sights the cheap fix is Glock offers replacement in steel for like $10.

On my Glocks I have Ameriglow on my 19 and 4 gen 4s and I set up a Dawson Bight Sight front with plain black rear on my Gen 5 34.

When I got my last Lead Firearms Instructor recert at FLETC we used Glocks with factory Glock NS made by Meprolighte and they are good too ad far as I was concerned

I personally like Ameriglow, Dawson Vickers and or Mepro over factory.

Good Luck

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've had trijicons, meps, ameriglo...all have worked fine. Can't really say I have one I like best.

Sights are the only thing I care to change out on a Glock. I definitely prefer metal over plastic sights.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Hi All,

Thanks for contributing.

I like the stock Glock sights , one of the few sights that my 57 year old eyes can see reasonably well if I get my bifocals positioned in the right place. As to them being made of plastic that was OK by me as it did not take a hydraulic press to adjust the sights for windage. I know the night sights are all the rage. I have a Sig P365 with night sights and I can barely see the sights. I know its time for me to see the optometrist again!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    LaPorte
    Contrary to what many may say, the as issued Glock sights are junk. The front sight is an afterthought, and can and does disappear at the most inopportune time. I would suggest getting the Glock with the optional night sights, at least they are metal and will stand up to use. As for the aftermarket, the fun is in the shopping.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Trijicon HDs are the best I've tried to date. YMMV with personal preference on this, though.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Thanks everyone for sharing. I appreciate the feedback from people that have spent their own money on these versus random articles that I don’t know if the person was paid to promote.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    For a carry/self defense purpose I personally like Ameriglo CAP sights. I have them on both pistols that are used in that capacity. They are an inexpensive improvement to the OEM sights that allow me faster sight alignment/site picture in most practical lighting conditions.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've wondered about those Ameriglos. I've bought the Ameriglo pro iDot's in the past and wondered if having that line in the back was easy as sight alignment compared to 2 dots.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I don't even notice the rear mark when shooting. The front sight is so eye catching and sized as though you just put it in the notch and they line up so naturally.

I've wondered about those Ameriglos. I've bought the Ameriglo pro iDot's in the past and wondered if having that line in the back was easy as sight alignment compared to 2 dots.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I like the idea of having a line and dot tritium vials. No chance you’ll confuse those in the dark if you train with them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom