• ...and so much more!
  • Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West
    Hello!

I've rented the 938 two times and put 200+ rounds through it along with a few other hand guns and this is what I want as my main CC (giving up my 509). I've looked at tons of info and sites. I haven't seen a 9mm 911 in person yet but judging by all the videos they are exactly identical. Is it worth the extra $125-200 to go with the sig model instead of Springfield? (I'm not worried about springfields history, I just care for the guns). I'm not Brand bias as I own different brands.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I liked my P938 untill it broke quite spectacularly at around 1,200 rounds. Sig fixed it stating they replaced the mainspring housing , magazine release and polished the feed ramp. Promptly sold the pistol to fund a Dan Wesson ECO and have not looked back since.

My P938 would eject the magazine after every round fired stovepiping the ejecting round in the process. Apparently it was a minor issue with the earlier models as I bought mine around 2015~

TexasRedneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Texas - where else?<G>
    Not sure what price points you're seeing the 938's at, but generally $6-650 is the "sweet spot", but you can often spot 'em on sale for less. I actually got the very first one delivered to Texas (as verified by Sig when I registered the warranty), and I've yet to have any issues with it. When I was still riding, I'd carry one in each vest pocket, along w/a .45 on my hip. I have an unfired P938 in the safe just in case I have to use one of 'em one day and it gets held as evidence while they sort things out. Nowadays, I rotate between the two carry 938's just to be sure they're ready. I carry 'em in an Uncle Mike's #2 holster - it's a perfect fit. In my humble opinion, it's the best one out there - YMMV.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    They are both really good. Difference in price kinda depends on where you buy from. I like both. Guess it just really depends on which brand you like more. Both brands have great reputation. Personally i like the 238 or colt pocketlite more. I think the 9 mm is kinda snappy in those small pistols. Is it worth the extra money for the sig you ask? I say know. Not if you also like Springfield. I’m sure you would be happy with a 911

Top Bottom