• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so today after our steel challenge match, i grabbed my cell phone, and called a lgs, i was looking for some 147 grain coated lead bullets i just started reloading, and have a few days off, so i wanted to crank out a thousand or two, i asked if they had any, he said "no...but i just got in a cz shadow 2!"...i asked if it had the blue grips...he said "yes, and a blue trigger too"...i said "you mean you have a cz shadow 2 sao???"

so...now he doesn't have a cz shadow 2 sao...and now i do!

but as ive fondled it, i think there might be a problem, if i put it on half cock and pull the trigger, the hammer falls???

its my first cz, but let me tell you, its damn nice! those people make a damn nice gun!, the grips and checkering let you know it's not leaving your hand, the trigger has a little take up, but feels good...now if i could just get idpa to allow it in competition!, it came with 3 mags, a smaller safety, and 6 extra shock buffers!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Your 1st CZ, & you started with the Shadow 2! :rockwoot:
    You certainly did it right. :thumbsup:

I warn you: I don't know anyone that has only owned two, but since you started with the CZS2, where will you go from here?! :laugh:

Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West
    I have a buddy who bought 1 cz 2 years ago and now has 6 lol. They all shoot awesome and It brought me back to buying hammer fire semis again.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    once you buy the pinnacle, you chase the history. See the progression.:yesway:

Been there & done that! :ingo:
    The CZS2 was the 3rd CZ I bought 2 summers ago, but I ended up buying 6 more. :dunno:
    I stlll have my original Shadow 2 even though I hate the Urban grey (Wizard "touched" it making it priceless!).
    I also kept my 2nd Rami since it had been "touched" by the Wizard with "everything done including night sights & grips upgraded & leather OWB holster: I couldn't help myself. :rockwoot:
    In fact, I intend to shoot both today after I test out a Leupold scope on a Ruger Single-Action 7.5" barrel Hunter. :draw:

Triton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2020
    New Albany
    Congrats on such an amazing 1st CZ. I completely understand where you are coming from. I got my first CZ about 6 months ago, a shadow 2

It took a bit to get used to getting the pin out to take the slide off. I still haven’t found the pro way to do that yet. Just use something plastic to avoid scars.

It’s an absolute marvel of engineering. During those first few weeks of lockdown I’d find myself sneaking back to the safe and getting it out to dry fire and quite honestly, just play with it

Enjoy and beware, pulling that trigger is addictive. Try only loading 10 at a time. Helps to pace it out considering the price 9mm is shooting up to.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Congrats on such an amazing 1st CZ. I completely understand where you are coming from. I got my first CZ about 6 months ago, a shadow 2 落

It took a bit to get used to getting the pin out to take the slide off. I still haven’t found the pro way to do that yet. Just use something plastic to avoid scars.

It’s an absolute marvel of engineering. During those first few weeks of lockdown I’d find myself sneaking back to the safe and getting it out to dry fire and quite honestly, just play with it

Enjoy and beware, pulling that trigger is addictive. Try only loading 10 at a time. Helps to pace it out considering the price 9mm is shooting up to.

i just started reloading so...I’ve reloaded about 400, I’ve got about 400 more bullets and I’m looking for about 1000 more I have enough power for 3000 rounds and I’ve got about 2400 primers, plus about 3500 factory rounds, so I’m set for a little while!

ive been drooling over the shadow 2 for a while, but I couldn’t find the one I wanted (black with the blue grips), I didn’t want all black, or the black/gray with black grips, I knew the color combo I wanted, if you saw my thread in the break room, I lost my job on July 1st, the company is giving me 7 months salary (paid out every 2 weeks) plus a cash “separation bonus”...so I bought the gun, and I’ve already found another job! So I’ve got a little extra “fun money!” (Yes I know I plan on saving the vast majority of the severance) as far as buying another cz (bull shadow, orange, checkmate) probably won’t happen!

i am really thinking about a scorpion... volquartsen not cz (or the mamba tf)

now if I could get Idpa/USPSA to allow this in in competition I’m looking at a comptac holster (in blue of course!) just in case they allow it

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    i just started reloading so...I’ve reloaded about 400, I’ve got about 400 more bullets and I’m looking for about 1000 more I have enough power for 3000 rounds and I’ve got about 2400 primers, plus about 3500 factory rounds, so I’m set for a little while!

ive been drooling over the shadow 2 for a while, but I couldn’t find the one I wanted (black with the blue grips), I didn’t want all black, or the black/gray with black grips, I knew the color combo I wanted, if you saw my thread in the break room, I lost my job on July 1st, the company is giving me 7 months salary (paid out every 2 weeks) plus a cash “separation bonus”...so I bought the gun, and I’ve already found another job! So I’ve got a little extra “fun money!” (Yes I know I plan on saving the vast majority of the severance) as far as buying another cz (bull shadow, orange, checkmate) probably won’t happen!

i am really thinking about a scorpion... volquartsen not cz (or the mamba tf)

now if I could get Idpa/USPSA to allow this in in competition I’m looking at a comptac holster (in blue of course!) just in case they allow it

Browning Hi Powers also share the disease of single action guns that aren't 1911s. Limited Minor for you!

Top Bottom