• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    I'm considering which handguns to keep and let go. I have an original Glock 26 back from my campus police days almost 25 years ago. Investigating the differences between generations, I noted there is some griping regarding Glock's change to how they applied the tennifer finish and some people believing it makes it less durable. I have no idea about any of that, but in general are there certain generations / models that if you own, you pretty much would be stupid to sell?

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Glock didn't release the 26 until gen 3 (94? 95?)...although some of the earliest ones (26/27) are identified as gen 2.5

That would be about the timeframe I bought it as a backup piece; 95 or 96. So if I'm understanding correctly, 26/27 models are by default Gen 3 guns, or perhaps some mid-cycle 2.5?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    The only true Gen 1 Glocks were Glock 17's. There were a few (kinda) Glock 19's brought in but those were really just Glock 17's with the grip chopped down.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Damn, $10k value? That thing is a unicorn.

Right?

I'd sell that quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Dude's in CA. He could probably sell it for $15k-20k to an in-state collector.

Non-roster plane jane Glocks are selling on the black market for $2k to Californians these days.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I looked at that thread. Funny to see guys wetting themselves over a plastic pistol from the late 1980's. You'd think it was Patton's Colt or something. :):

Non-roster plane jane Glocks are selling on the black market for $2k to Californians these days.

Really? Hmm. Business idea!

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I don’t know about worth keeping but I had a gen 2 and the frame became brittle and cracked. Glock replaced it for free so I’m not sure long term a Glock is collectible at least not in the same way as a metal firearm. Of course I carried the gun when I brought it in 1994 and still carry the same gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    True gen 1s are cool. However as others have mentioned the 26 was not one of those. If you don’t use it, And need the cash, I don’t think it would be a big deal to let it go.

Top Bottom