Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Are Gen 1 Glocks noteworthy / worth keeping

I'm considering which handguns to keep and let go. I have an original Glock 26 back from my campus police days almost 25 years ago. Investigating the differences between generations, I noted there is some griping regarding Glock's change to how they applied the tennifer finish and some people believing it makes it less durable. I have no idea about any of that, but in general are there certain generations / models that if you own, you pretty much would be stupid to sell?

Plinker

User Info Menu

If I had a gen1 I would keep it.

User Info Menu

Glock didn't release the 26 until gen 3 (94? 95?)...although some of the earliest ones (26/27) are identified as gen 2.5
    sauce will thicken upon standing

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-The-Piker View Post
    Glock didn't release the 26 until gen 3 (94? 95?)...although some of the earliest ones (26/27) are identified as gen 2.5
    That would be about the timeframe I bought it as a backup piece; 95 or 96. So if I'm understanding correctly, 26/27 models are by default Gen 3 guns, or perhaps some mid-cycle 2.5?

User Info Menu

You do not have a First Generation Glock.
    Herman Cain had ryyyeeetttts too. Wear a damn mask.

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

The only true Gen 1 Glocks were Glock 17's. There were a few (kinda) Glock 19's brought in but those were really just Glock 17's with the grip chopped down.

User Info Menu

This real deal Gen 1 G19 showed up on Glocktalk the other day. https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/pr...ck-19.1834580/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    This real deal Gen 1 G19 showed up on Glocktalk the other day. https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/pr...ck-19.1834580/
    Damn, $10k value? That thing is a unicorn.
    88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    Damn, $10k value? That thing is a unicorn.
    Right?

I'd sell that quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Dude's in CA. He could probably sell it for $15k-20k to an in-state collector.

Non-roster plane jane Glocks are selling on the black market for $2k to Californians these days.

User Info Menu

I looked at that thread. Funny to see guys wetting themselves over a plastic pistol from the late 1980's. You'd think it was Patton's Colt or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Non-roster plane jane Glocks are selling on the black market for $2k to Californians these days.
    Really? Hmm. Business idea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast