Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Question Ruger vs Bucksmark

How come when I look for information on .22 pistols I find many more articles and forums posts on Rugers as opposed to Buckmarks? It's almost like they don't exist.

User Info Menu

sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

The Rugers far outnumber the Buckmarks. I would guess the Ruger series has sold more pistols than all the competitors combined.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Buckmarks are not easy to take down, require allen wrenches and a good memory.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    The Rugers far outnumber the Buckmarks. I would guess the Ruger series has sold more pistols than all the competitors combined.
    Pretty much this. Although there have been a lot of competitors over the years, the Ruger Mk1-4 series have sold far more units, much like the Ruger 10/22 has been a long-lasting leader in .22 rifles. Doesn't mean other makes might not be a better fit for you, but the Ruger .22s will most always be in the discussion.
    Antifa should rebrand themselves Vanilla ISIS.

User Info Menu

I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quality and price lead the way!
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    ^This x1000. There Ruger has been around since like 1949, or around there. The BuckMark came along in the mid-80s. Neither are a bad choice, but Ruger pretty much owns this market.

30D75A03-B8CA-4BCD-AA30-6D4D7EAA5D7E.jpg
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

Sold all my Ruger 22 pistols. They ran great, they were accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. Raced Steel with a 22/45 with no problems. Why I went to Buckmark is machined frame, square sights and modular design. Never cared for the round bolt and German Luger overtones of the Ruger. Much happier now as I am running one metal frame with several barrels and sight options.
    No Compromise

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zxc789 View Post
    How come when I look for information on .22 pistols I find many more articles and forums posts on Rugers as opposed to Buckmarks? It's almost like they don't exist.
    Could be spelling, as it's officially "Buck Mark".

Plus, having right handed grips is a dick move on on Browning's part. (I think they might have moved away from that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast