• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I currently have a G43x. I’ve fantasied having my cake and eating it too by way of having both a 43x and a 43 frame that will both run the same upper that I could swap in a pinch (the latter frame being for ultra-concealability). My questions are...
    • Will a 43x slide run on a 43 frame, with 43 mags?
    • A google search has turned more than a few polymer-80 G43-type frames. Which one(s) are most reputable?
    • Do polymer-80 builds open up a can of worms legally if at all used in self-defense?

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    80% frames are completely legal, but different states have different laws around them. But normally the 80% frames cost as much or if not more than a complete one. Online I'm seeing G43 frames that are complete as low as $99, I will put a link below. I've also been wondering about compatibility too. I have not found anything either way but will be watching this thread as I have a G43 and may want to purchase a G43x lower and go in the opposite direction as you.

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/glock-43-lower-frame-usa/

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    80% frames are completely legal, but different states have different laws around them. But normally the 80% frames cost as much or if not more than a complete one. Online I'm seeing G43 frames that are complete as low as $99, I will put a link below. I've also been wondering about compatibility too. I have not found anything either way but will be watching this thread as I have a G43 and may want to purchase a G43x lower and go in the opposite direction as you.

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/glock-43-lower-frame-usa/

I hadn't thought about doing this, but I'd love to buy a 43x/48 lower for my 43. Too bad they are out of stock.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My mind is going back and forth between magazine extenders and a new frame... It's a shame the magazine from the 43x does not fit in the 43.

I already have +2 extensions on my 43 mags. Getting a new gun for 2 more rounds was holding me back, but with the Shield Arms mags it adds seven more rounds. That increase has me wanting the 43X or 48.

Plus I just sold my 19 to my brother since it was the only way I could get that cheap bastard into a decent gun. I feel weird without it and want to replace it. I may just get a 48 (if I cna find one) and be done with it. Changing the frame on my 43 would be a cheaper way to get into the Shield Arms mags, though.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I already have +2 extensions on my 43 mags. Getting a new gun for 2 more rounds was holding me back, but with the Shield Arms mags it adds seven more rounds. That increase has me wanting the 43X or 48.

Plus I just sold my 19 to my brother since it was the only way I could get that cheap bastard into a decent gun. I feel weird without it and want to replace it. I may just get a 48 (if I cna find one) and be done with it. Changing the frame on my 43 would be a cheaper way to get into the Shield Arms mags, though.

Those Shield Arms mags look interesting, I was unaware of them before now. It makes the G43x more interesting, especially when compared with the 26 or 19.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Those Shield Arms mags look interesting, I was unaware of them before now. It makes the G43x more interesting, especially when compared with the 26 or 19.
    I own 4 of them, they are good to go. But right now they are extremely hard to get because anytime Shield Arms posts new stock they are sold out in hours. You have to treat getting them like an eBay snipe.

Edit: I see you're in Fort Wayne. Sportsmans Warehouse has them in stock online. If you are at all inclined at getting a 43x or 48 you should pick up some mags. If you don't to get the pistol later, those mags will be an easy sell.

Top Bottom