• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The holosun 407 will work, but with some modifications. There are a couple of nubs that have to be taken down or cut in half or something. The nice thing though, is the factory sights still co witness through it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The 407k and 507k by holosun will work IF holosun ever produces any I think they were to be released in March

I waiting on the 507 myself I can change the battery without removing it from the gun (the sig Romeo battery is on the bottom of the sight)

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Coincidentally, I am also looking for Red Dot options. I have been wanting to get a red dot for my Walther PPS M2, and also my Smith and Wesson M&PC 2.0.

Does anyone have suggestions and or experience with red dot sights on these?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Coincidentally, I am also looking for Red Dot options. I have been wanting to get a red dot for my Walther PPS M2, and also my Smith and Wesson M&PC 2.0.

Does anyone have suggestions and or experience with red dot sights on these?

For compact or duty size guns like the M&P's, Glock 19/17, Sig P320, CZ P10s, I believe the best RDS are Trijicon RMR, Leupold Delta Point Pro or Holosun 507.

For subcompacts like the Glock 48, Walther PPS, Sig P365, I am holding out hope that the Holosun 407k/507k is the answer. I have tried Shield RMSc and I am not a huge fan. Never tried the Sig Romeo Zero because of its polymer housing.

My $0.02

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    For compact or duty size guns like the M&P's, Glock 19/17, Sig P320, CZ P10s, I believe the best RDS are Trijicon RMR, Leupold Delta Point Pro or Holosun 507.

For subcompacts like the Glock 48, Walther PPS, Sig P365, I am holding out hope that the Holosun 407k/507k is the answer. I have tried Shield RMSc and I am not a huge fan. Never tried the Sig Romeo Zero because of its polymer housing.

My $0.02

Do you have experience with the Burris Fast Fire?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Yes. I have a Burris FF III on a .22 rifle and one on a .357 lever gun. They are fine sights but I do not consider them to be duty/carry worthy. Not robust enough.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I wish trijicon had an optic with the rmsc footprint. Since they do not, I would recommend the 507k if you are looking for something for carry.

^^^^^^. THIS! ^^^^^^. I have been scouring the interwebs for months trying to find a sniff of a rumor about Trijicon releasing a Micro red dot. They have to know they are missing the boat on this while Holosun, Shield, Swampfox and Sig are selling tons of units.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    ^^^^^^. THIS! ^^^^^^. I have been scouring the interwebs for months trying to find a sniff of a rumor about Trijicon releasing a Micro red dot. They have to know they are missing the boat on this while Holosun, Shield, Swampfox and Sig are selling tons of units.

Maybe they just don't want to release one? Not sure why they wouldn't though! The name carries enough weight as it is!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    This is more of an FYI on the Swampfox Sentinel. I got a Sentinel this week and it fits perfectly on the Hellcat OSP, but unfortunately the body of the Sentinel doesn't have a sight channel in the rear - it's just flat and full-height across the back. That means when mounted it blocks about 2/3 of the iron sights (I can only see the top of the front ring - the dot and bottom/sides of the ring are blocked). IMHO that's unacceptable on a carry gun so I'm returning it.

To my knowledge the only red dots that will fit the Hellcat and allow an unobstructed view of the irons are:
    - Shield SMSc/RMSc
    - JPoint4
    - Sig Romeo Zero
    - Holosun 407k/507k, but these require minor slide modifications to file down the indexing lugs

Top Bottom