• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I bought the pistol, ordered a Vortex 3 MOA sight and 5 boxes of Underwood 200 grain XTP’s.
    Moving to Texas so this going to be a back up and occasional hog gun.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I had one of the first and I love it. I took a deer last year at 47 yards. I built one of the few Glock 10mm long slides about 12 years ago. I built it on a LWD upper with 6.6” threaded bbl and shot the crap out of it. Then Glock came out with the G40 and I bought one. The MOS fit my hand better and my original has sorta languished, though it’s what I carry in Grizzly country because I trust the LWD BBL more with my nuclear loads.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I sighted it in and now have a 25 yard zero. Was shooting from a lounge chair and bog pod sticks. Figured this is how I would use it when hunting hogs.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'd be interested in the shooting/apparent accuracy/carry differences between the G40 and the G20?
    Me too, but the G40 is to me about the extra MV of the longer barrel.

The g40 is the gun I wanted when I bought my G20sf. If I go back to Glock, it will be for the g40.

There are VERY few 10mm options not based on a 1911. The Glock gives you double stack capacity and affordability and legendary toughness.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The G20 I shot was sweet. An Overwatch trigger the only mod the gun had and it shot very close to the same way my EDC G19 did. I hit pretty much everything (tiny steel targets) I shot at. Even with factory sights.

I don't think the G20 would be a huge switch to carry the same way as my EDC? Couple mags on the opposite side for balance (and the obvious.) Maybe go OWB rather than IWB?

A seldom looked at thing is that with the G20 shooting so similar to the G19, not as much specialized practice would be needed to be very accurate and fast if necessary.

These are the things that make me wonder about the G40 vs G20?

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I think your G40 will be be a sad deer gun for a couple of reasons.
    I never had a G40.
    my G20sf has stock bbl & kkm 6" bbl.
    trjicon tfo night sights.
    accuracy is just not there.
    10mm velocity just not powerful enough.
    sold kkm 6" bbl & traded G20 for S&W 500 4", just for fun I have much more accurate revolvers & sights for hunting.

I still shoot 10mm in my G30 w/
    converion stormlake barrel. again for fun & some carry as my G36 is much better for the job.

Red dots are just not too good to get enough range for hunting. I have a sig romeo5 on an AR,
    but have 4X scope sighted to pop on top to hunt.

enjoy G40

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    The G20 I shot was sweet. An Overwatch trigger the only mod the gun had and it shot very close to the same way my EDC G19 did. I hit pretty much everything (tiny steel targets) I shot at. Even with factory sights.

I don't think the G20 would be a huge switch to carry the same way as my EDC? Couple mags on the opposite side for balance (and the obvious.) Maybe go OWB rather than IWB?

A seldom looked at thing is that with the G20 shooting so similar to the G19, not as much specialized practice would be needed to be very accurate and fast if necessary.

These are the things that make me wonder about the G40 vs G20?

G20 shoots nothing like a G19.
    10mm with 180gr xtp vs 9mm 115gr.
    you must be joking. I had to go to 20# recoik springs in both my G20sf & G30 coverted to 10mm with stormlake bbl.

plus I settled on reloads with titegroup & 140 cast bullets for best accuracy & performace in both guns.

10mm is fun to shoot

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I sometimes carry my G30 with the 10mm bbl. because I shoot it very well with 10mm & 45acp.

I have a desantis intruder iwb holster fit for crimson trace lazer that works with ir without lazer on for.....
    my G22, G30, G36 ...

just best fit & weight is with G36 with no rail so no lazer though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    G20 shoots nothing like a G19.
    10mm with 180gr xtp vs 9mm 115gr.
    you must be joking...

Not joking. There was more recoil with the 10mm, but not enough to call it noticeable.

I guess your mileage may vary? Maybe your grip needs work, my friend? :dunno:

I run 147's in the G19 and the borrowed G20 was shooting whatever PMC factory load was cheapest for range work.

Top Bottom