• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Has anyone that owns a Glock 45 noticed anything unusual about the ejector? Mine seems to have more of a curve in it. The impact point to the back of the case is more to the center than toward the outer edge. I noticed that it makes it difficult to manually eject a chambered round. I have about 200 rounds through it. The ejection trajectory seems to vary between straight to my right or even slightly towards forward. Otherwise functions fine.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Mine was difficult to eject a round manually in the beginning, you had to grip it and rip it. I have about 3.5K rounds though mine so far, and I feel like it has broken in. It was my first Glock so I can't compare it to previous offerings, but I have read a few post on forums about others noting this issue on other Gen5 guns they compared to their previous guns. So I believe it was a change to the ejector for Gen5. My ejection is almost always forward. When I shoot at an indoor range 95% of my brass goes in front of the firing line before it has a change to hit the side wall.

https://youtu.be/0K0wgK26xac

Personally I think it will wear in with some more shooting.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Mine was difficult to eject a round manually in the beginning, you had to grip it and rip it. I have about 3.5K rounds though mine so far, and I feel like it has broken in. It was my first Glock so I can't compare it to previous offerings, but I have read a few post on forums about others noting this issue on other Gen5 guns they compared to their previous guns. So I believe it was a change to the ejector for Gen5. My ejection is almost always forward. When I shoot at an indoor range 95% of my brass goes in front of the firing line before it has a change to hit the side wall.

https://youtu.be/0K0wgK26xac

Personally I think it will wear in with some more shooting.
    Thanks for the info. Exactly what’s going on with mine. Probably won’t worry about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    From a thread on AR15.com, the newer gen 5's have this cut including the 45. This slot supposedly causes the hard ejection when hand ejecting a round.

"Glock has a milled slot on the left side wall of the breech face that catches the case rim upon extraction, causing the case to be "snapped" out on ejection for more robust ejection."

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    From a thread on AR15.com, the newer gen 5's have this cut including the 45. This slot supposedly causes the hard ejection when hand ejecting a round.

"Glock has a milled slot on the left side wall of the breech face that catches the case rim upon extraction, causing the case to be "snapped" out on ejection for more robust ejection."
    That’s interesting. I’ll have to compare that to my other Gen 5 Glocks. They don’t have this problem.

Top Bottom