• ...and so much more!
  • sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Hello,

I recently purchased a Glock 43 for CnC but it is a little to big for pocket carry. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for best ways to sell it and get close to what I paid for it.

Despite not being fired, I doubt the store would take returns but I plan on asking them if they would or what a buyback price would be.

I have also thought about sites like gunbroker.com but am not sure about that.

So does anyone have any good recommendations for selling it and does anyone have experience on gunbroker.com?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Welcome to the site. I'm sure others will chime in soon. I doubt the store will give you a refund and the buyback price will be pretty low. Your best bet is a private sale. With the hit and miss inventory available you will get a better price that way. I have no experience with gunbroker since I do any private sales through INGO only. That is another option. Once you have your minimum post count (50) here, or decide to become a site supporter, you can post it for sale here. Check through the rules pertaining to your first 50 posts, resist the temptation to blaze through them (it never works out). I doubt you will have a problem selling it here.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Welcome to the site. I'm sure others will chime in soon. I doubt the store will give you a refund and the buyback price will be pretty low. Your best bet is a private sale. With the hit and miss inventory available you will get a better price that way. I have no experience with gunbroker since I do any private sales through INGO only. That is another option. Once you have your minimum post count (50) here, or decide to become a site supporter, you can post it for sale here. Check through the rules pertaining to your first 50 posts, resist the temptation to blaze through them (it never works out). I doubt you will have a problem selling it here.

/thread

This is your answer. And as long as you didn't get taken on it when you first purchased it, you should be able to sell it here relatively quickly. And I'll emphasize, don't get in a hurry and post a bunch of 1 liners to get to 50. You will get noticed, you will get set back to square 1, and many folks here won't be too interested in buying from you if you do that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Personally, I see the Glock 42 as the smallest, lightest pistol that is easy to shoot well, and thus serves its purpose well as a defensive pistol. It accepts real night sights, has enough of a grip to hold onto, is reliable, mild in recoil and has a decent trigger. I feel that anything smaller is too much of a compromise.

We're talking about a tool meant to save your life or the lives of your loved ones. I pocket carry a P365 daily without issue. With the 12 round mag.

Buy different pants.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    Personally, I see the Glock 42 as the smallest, lightest pistol that is easy to shoot well, and thus serves its purpose well as a defensive pistol. It accepts real night sights, has enough of a grip to hold onto, is reliable, mild in recoil and has a decent trigger. I feel that anything smaller is too much of a compromise.

We're talking about a tool meant to save your life or the lives of your loved ones. I pocket carry a P365 daily without issue. With the 12 round mag.

Buy different pants.

I've actually thought of buying different pants but it is much cheaper to buy a different gun that a whole new wardrobe. From what I have seen the G42 is more or less the same size as the G43. I'm thinking about going towards a Ruger LCP but am still not fully decided there.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne

Thanks for the advise. I saw the classified section here and think I will give that a go once I have enough posts. Have your sales on the site gone smoothly?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the advise. I saw the classified section here and think I will give that a go once I have enough posts. Have your sales on the site gone smoothly?

This site is set up so we get to know the folks we are dealing with. There is available feedback on them etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    G43 is a sweet handgun that you may later regret selling.

I'd buy a holster and put it on your belt.

Way better for a self defense gun to be drawn from the hip. It could literally save your life. :twocents:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN

INGO is the only way I do my gun transactions other than a block and mortar gun store. All of my dealings have been smooth and have meet some really great people.

INGO is way better than the other site a lot of people use (armsl$%&). I use that site as a LAST RESORT!!!

Sit down, hang out, enjoy the wealth of information it has to offer. When I joined I wasn't sure about the site. Now that I been here for a "few" years it feels like a warm internet blanket of pro 2A people that are always willing to help.....unless I go to the political page....that one always brings up my blood pressure...but most share similar views.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Way better for a self defense gun to be drawn from the hip. It could literally save your life. :twocents:

That's what I thought as well... until I picked up a P365. Then all bets were off, and sold off my 43's.

I do agree though on the holster aspect, I much prefer a belt holster of some kind. I have no problem concealing with my belt holster of choice, etc and it leaves my pockets free for other stuff. I've never done the pocket carry thing myself (though I did recently pick up a gun that had a kydex pocket holster with it from Route 45, and may have to try it around the house).

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I've actually thought of buying different pants but it is much cheaper to buy a different gun that a whole new wardrobe. From what I have seen the G42 is more or less the same size as the G43. I'm thinking about going towards a Ruger LCP but am still not fully decided there.
    You're correct that the G42 and G43 are roughly the exact same size. I own a G42 and have shot a friend's 43 a few times. If you want to get technical, the 42 is .94" wide whereas the 43 is 1.06" wide. There are similar differences in length and height - all under half an inch. Recoil is also similar, but I realize that felt recoil varies person to person. The LCP is smaller but also is not as easy to get a good grip on, and this is coming from someone with really small hands. I would say shoot your 43 a little more and look for a holster that helps you conceal it on your belt.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne

I would consider belt carry but for work I must tuck my shirt in. If I drop a few pounds I might be able to make that work though.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    INGO is the only way I do my gun transactions other than a block and mortar gun store. All of my dealings have been smooth and have meet some really great people.

INGO is way better than the other site a lot of people use (armsl$%&). I use that site as a LAST RESORT!!!

Sit down, hang out, enjoy the wealth of information it has to offer. When I joined I wasn't sure about the site. Now that I been here for a "few" years it feels like a warm internet blanket of pro 2A people that are always willing to help.....unless I go to the political page....that one always brings up my blood pressure...but most share similar views.

I haven't even dared to look at the political section of the site yet. As things go, I get enough of that on facebook, but if there are enough like minded people I may check it out later on.

I'm hoping to enjoy the site as much as you and everyone else seems to have. Lots of long time members on here which is nice to see.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't even dared to look at the political section of the site yet. As things go, I get enough of that on facebook, but if there are enough like minded people I may check it out later on.

I'm hoping to enjoy the site as much as you and everyone else seems to have. Lots of long time members on here which is nice to see.
    LOL, there are no like minded individuals on the INGO. You get 10 of them arguing 15 different positions.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    That's what I thought as well... until I picked up a P365. Then all bets were off, and sold off my 43's.

I do agree though on the holster aspect, I much prefer a belt holster of some kind. I have no problem concealing with my belt holster of choice, etc and it leaves my pockets free for other stuff. I've never done the pocket carry thing myself (though I did recently pick up a gun that had a kydex pocket holster with it from Route 45, and may have to try it around the house).

Now the P365 is more or less the same size as the 43 right? I have not had any experience with sigs but with its capabilities, it was on my short list.

With my work, I need to keep my shirt tucked. From what I have figured the only options I have are to pocket carry or get something for my ankle. Belt carry is more or less out at least for Monday to Friday.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    it's gonna cost you a little money.....
    but success requires it.

buy new pants 2 inch larger waist than usually wear. room for inside waist holser

you need a holster. your pants pocket in front or back is not "safe". see mexican carry.......

watch at least 6 mins. of this 10min
    video....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rca8tLZvj3c

if G43 fits your hand & you shoot well
    stick with it.

have fun.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now the P365 is more or less the same size as the 43 right? I have not had any experience with sigs but with its capabilities, it was on my short list.

With my work, I need to keep my shirt tucked. From what I have figured the only options I have are to pocket carry or get something for my ankle. Belt carry is more or less out at least for Monday to Friday.

The P365 shoots like a much larger gun IMO. Especially when you use 12 round mags. I just shoot it better than I did the 43, and it has significantly added capacity.

That said, there are "tuckable" IWB holsters out there. I use a hybrid (leather backer and kydex shell) tuckable holster, but I will say I don't have to actually tuck my shirt very often while carrying, but I have done it.

If you absolutely must pocket carry, then as others have said, I'd look at pants that allow it better with a reasonably sized gun and make darn sure that the pocket holster you have covers that trigger properly.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    You're correct that the G42 and G43 are roughly the exact same size. I own a G42 and have shot a friend's 43 a few times. If you want to get technical, the 42 is .94" wide whereas the 43 is 1.06" wide. There are similar differences in length and height - all under half an inch. Recoil is also similar, but I realize that felt recoil varies person to person. The LCP is smaller but also is not as easy to get a good grip on, and this is coming from someone with really small hands. I would say shoot your 43 a little more and look for a holster that helps you conceal it on your belt.

I have shot a Ruger LCP and it is managable but the 43 is easier to hold. That said, getting it out of my pocket is a bit of a challenge. It fills it up and does not leave enough room for me to get my entire hand.

If I am able to get some target ammo I may try the 43 out a bit more but right now all of the stores are sold out less botique ammo.

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    it's gonna cost you a little money.....
    but success requires it.

buy new pants 2 inch larger waist than usually wear. room for inside waist holser

you need a holster. your pants pocket in front or back is not "safe". see mexican carry.......

watch at least 6 mins. of this 10min
    video....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rca8tLZvj3c

if G43 fits your hand & you shoot well
    stick with it.

have fun.

Thanks for sharing that video, it was good and gave me something to think about.

I'm not sure why a pant pocket with a good pocket holster would not be safe. I could see problems with a rear pocket but not so much a front pocket.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks for sharing that video, it was good and gave me something to think about.

I'm not sure why a pant pocket with a good pocket holster would not be safe. I could see problems with a rear pocket but not so much a front pocket.

Front pocket carry is fine, just be sure to use a holster that covers the trigger guard and remains in the pocket during a draw.

Top Bottom