• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just curious about who runs a compensator. I just picked up and installed an ARC9 threaded barrel and an Arc Division Spark-M (G5) comp on my G45. Haven't had a chance to get out and run it yet. Wondering what other Ingo'ers experiences might be with running a comp.

devildog70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    I run a KKM comp on my Roland Special. Just over 30k rounds on the gun since 2015, shooting a variety of ammo.

Only issues have been when the gun is extremely dirty, and dry, ​and I am shooting subsonic ammo with a RSA that is on its last legs. Other than that, it runs great.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I own two Glocks with vented barrels. A 19C and a 23C. Front night sites blacken over after a few mags shot. But its fun to shoot cast with soft lube a a case full of unique and have it look like a coal train when shooting.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are they worth the money for the comp, barrel, holster investment?

How much flatter does the gun stay through recoil, if I do my part?

Dot rise? Split time improvement?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have Agency mini comps on both of my Gen 5 Glock 9mms. I don't shoot matches so I have no idea on the worthiness for competition but they do make a difference.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I have a heinie barrel and 2 port comp on my Springfield 1911 for USPSA/ steel challenge.
    TK gamechanger on 1 MKIV 2245, Carolina crusher on another MKIV 2245, tacsol comp on my M&P 1522

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've shot a Glock 17 with a Strike Industries Mass Driver Comp and I couldn't believe how much it helped in setting up the next shot.

I was a sceptic before, but it was amazing.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I have carried a factory comped (Glock 19C) every for several years and compete with a 19C or a G45 with factory comp barrel and slide cuts. Interwebz says the 19C is worth about 30% recoil reduction and I can attest to the fact that it's a noticeable improvement. I haven't found any downside for me personally using a comped gun and for me there's a huge upside.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Top Bottom