Join INGunOwners For Free
    KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Who runs a comp?

Just curious about who runs a compensator. I just picked up and installed an ARC9 threaded barrel and an Arc Division Spark-M (G5) comp on my G45. Haven't had a chance to get out and run it yet. Wondering what other Ingo'ers experiences might be with running a comp.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I run a KKM comp on my Roland Special. Just over 30k rounds on the gun since 2015, shooting a variety of ammo.

Only issues have been when the gun is extremely dirty, and dry, ​and I am shooting subsonic ammo with a RSA that is on its last legs. Other than that, it runs great.

Master

User Info Menu

I own two Glocks with vented barrels. A 19C and a 23C. Front night sites blacken over after a few mags shot. But its fun to shoot cast with soft lube a a case full of unique and have it look like a coal train when shooting.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Are they worth the money for the comp, barrel, holster investment?

How much flatter does the gun stay through recoil, if I do my part?

Dot rise? Split time improvement?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Master

User Info Menu

I have Agency mini comps on both of my Gen 5 Glock 9mms. I don't shoot matches so I have no idea on the worthiness for competition but they do make a difference.
    Local tribal warlord

I am Asher's son.

Body of a 56 yr old. Skeleton of a 90 yr old

User Info Menu

I have a heinie barrel and 2 port comp on my Springfield 1911 for USPSA/ steel challenge.
    TK gamechanger on 1 MKIV 2245, Carolina crusher on another MKIV 2245, tacsol comp on my M&P 1522

User Info Menu

I've shot a Glock 17 with a Strike Industries Mass Driver Comp and I couldn't believe how much it helped in setting up the next shot.

I was a sceptic before, but it was amazing.

User Info Menu

I have carried a factory comped (Glock 19C) every for several years and compete with a 19C or a G45 with factory comp barrel and slide cuts. Interwebz says the 19C is worth about 30% recoil reduction and I can attest to the fact that it's a noticeable improvement. I haven't found any downside for me personally using a comped gun and for me there's a huge upside.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public .Coach

Life's biggest regrets are the things not said and chances not taken