• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I have a SA XD 45 my wife got me for my 50th birthday. That was more years ago than I want to admit to. The gun shoots great and I usually carry it when I mow the yard or the trails in my woods, and sometimes shoot it at the range for practice. The rest of the time it is next to me as I type on my computer.

I shot my buddies M&P 45 for comparison a few years ago and I did not like it as well. The M&P is longer in the grip than my XD and does not feel comfortable in my hands compared to my XD. The difference is not a lot, but enough for me to notice and dislike. The rest of the M&P 45 is just like my 9mm M&P, which I really like. It is a nice gun if the grip fits you. Handle and/or shoot one to see how it feels to you. If you can, do the same with the XD 45, just to compare. In 9mm, I prefer the M&P over the XD, but in 45 I prefer the XD. Hope that helps.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    i had a 1 0 M&P 45 and loved it I had carried a Sig 220 for years as a duty gun and as good as it was the M&P seemed to shoot softer and better. I liked it so much I bought the 9 (work stuff) so I sold it to buy my Daughter a M&P 9.

I recently added a 2.0 45 back to my safe and its also quitebthe shooter.

So that said there is nothing wrong with either 1.0 or 2 0 M&P 45s

sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    I have one and have never had an issue as it is reliable and I also feel it is pretty accurate as well. so, I would recommend for sure

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I bought the 9 several years ago and liked it enough that I added the 40 and 45 to my collection. All gen 1's, no issues with any of them. I got rid of my XD40 for the M&P, just felt better in my hand and shot better. No dig on the XD, it was my EDC for several years. I did put the apex trigger kit in all three and that was the only mod I did to any handgun i own. Very happy with the M&P's. Between those and my 1911's nothing else is needed (for me).

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana
    I had a M&P 1.0 /.45 and it was a sweet shooter, felt great in my hand with the switchable backstraps, and never once gave me a problem.
    The one complaint I had was, I had the thumb safety model, and that giant paddle safety was great to rest your thumb on like a 1911 but it didn't have a very positive detent and could flip on and off way too easy.
    I also had the exact same gun in 9mm and it was a great shooter as well but same complaint with the safety.

There are non-safety models available though.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    My M&P45 v1 is awesome. I like the milling of the slide and serrations much better than v2. The Apex trigger makes it a very accurate gun for me, comfortable grip, and a good looking gun!
    it doesn’t hold 13 rounds like my G21, but that’s what spare magazines are for. Love mine.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Mine had a weird bit of trigger slap. Never did figure it out, but a 200 round session would give me a bruise. Other than that, I loved it and have considered a 2.0 several times.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've had one for several years. It's been perfectly reliable so far. And with the different backstraps, it's easy to find the one that's comfortable. One thing I like is the thumb safety is exactly where my thumb expects it to be. It's comfortable to shoot, and the sites are ok. The only thing which I don't like is the trigger, and I REALLY dislike the trigger pull.

Top Bottom