Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

SDS Import 1911s

Okay I have watched some reviews that are really good on these inexpensive 1911s, anybody with real experience?

User Info Menu

I have a tisas 1911-a1 and it has had 300 rounds through without any issues. I've had it for a month or so. Hope this helps.
    "Yup!"

User Info Menu

Same as the Tisas in the past, SDS is now the importer. The one I have listed was imported by Zenith. From what I've seen and experienced, they seem to be better quality than RIA, Taurus, ATI. I've had mine fully detail stripped and saw nothing that gave me any concerns.

User Info Menu

I bought one a couple months ago. It's the full size "Duty" model. It's tight and slick and functions properly. I've put around 200 rounds through it and haven't had any issues, other than it shoots a little low with 230gr ammo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

OK. Personal opinion only and absolutely no knock on OP or anybody that has or wants one of these pieces.

It depends on what you intend to use it for. Throwing lead for giggles at the range...???\
    Accuracy...???
    Self Defense...???

How many rounds a year will it see.

My concern with these offerings is metallurgy and are they in spec.
    I like to "Enhance" my hand guns and they need to be in spec for this to happen without re-designing the entire gun. Most of the off shore offerings are not.
    They still run and can fill a number of roles. If you buy one I wish you the best.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I see them as a way for people who are curious about 1911's to try out and experience one without investing a ton of money. I gave $400 for mine and it has a lot of options that guns twice the price don't have.

Are they top-shelf guns made with top-shelf parts? Of course not. But they are functional and fun to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I've never owned one but looked at a GI version at one of the last 1500's and it seemed like a well fit gun.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    I've never owned one but looked at a GI version at one of the last 1500's and it seemed like a well fit gun.
    I have taken notice that even RIA has stepped up in this area.

I will never own another Thompson AO.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    OK. Personal opinion only and absolutely no knock on OP or anybody that has or wants one of these pieces.

It depends on what you intend to use it for. Throwing lead for giggles at the range...???\
    Accuracy...???
    Self Defense...???

How many rounds a year will it see.

My concern with these offerings is metallurgy and are they in spec.
    I like to "Enhance" my hand guns and they need to be in spec for this to happen without re-designing the entire gun. Most of the off shore offerings are not.
    They still run and can fill a number of roles. If you buy one I wish you the best.
    Everything you have said makes perfect sense, just for giggles at the range!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I plan to pick up one of their WWI Army GI style 1911's at some point. The reviews are solid and the guns seem to run. They are coming out of Turkey, and they are capable of making both good and bad guns. Personally I'd much prefer the family heirloom 1911 my great grandpa brought back from WWI, but that's not an option. Then I was hoping the CMP 1911's would be a bit more affordable then they turned out to be, but that's not really an option. For something affordable that takes a person back in time a little bit and connects us with our past then I'd be happy to pick up an SDS 1911 for that range toy. Hopefully that gun runs well and if it does I may look at something else they make at a later date.

From everything I've read, I don't think they're a bad gun by any means.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast