• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    My only experience is watching a a few in matches and at local gun ranges. More than few of them had issues. If you want your Glock to choke add aftermarket parts, Slides, tiggers, barrels, Frames and it will.
    I'm sure a % of those are results of DIY amateur Armorers but still.

Anyone can do what they want but my question is WHY?

But that said I wouldn't be against a grip reduction as a few departments have done that with no changes to the reliability of them Anchorage AK is like that with 21s as well as several others

Whatever you do just make sure its a reputable gun guy!

Good luck

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    But that said I wouldn't be against a grip reduction as a few departments have done that with no changes to the reliability of them Anchorage AK is like that with 21s as well as several others

I wonder why they wouldn't just go with the G21SF?

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Why stop at aluminum? I want one that's a solid chunk of steel.

Maybe with lead weights in it.

edit: no seriously
    with the same slab look as the slide, with grip serrations the same size as the slide. It'd be a beautiful work of art with a kind of early-period HiPoint aesthetic. don't judge me.

Last edited:

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    For clarity - I like polymer guns. I also like all-metal guns.

But, I believe that there are enough excellent designs of both that it doesn't make much sense to me to take a superb all-metal gun, like the 1911, and put a polymer frame on it.

Nor, does it make much sense to me to take a superb polymer gun, like the Glock, and put a metal frame on it.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    If you want an alloy frame gun, why not just get a gun designed that way from the start? Plenty of extremely high quality options out there and you know the slide/spring is going to have been designed not only for fit, but to some extent recoil and feel with the frame it’s attached to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    MY OPINIONS.. and I do NOT own any aluminum frames for poly guns, BUT. An aluminum frame for a glock seems counter intuitive as to what the glock is. I have glocks and p320s and I've seen the precision aluminum frame i can get. They are expensive, $350 +

More importantly: (the boreing bit)

The glock / p320 and other poly striker fired guns are engineered around the "flex" / "absorption" of recoil in the frame, the frame being polymer. Now, was it engineered with that directly in mind? I do not know, probably not, but that is a factor that is at least an un-intentional factor. When you change the frame (meant to be poly from MFG) to aluminum you risk overtime stress fracturing the aluminum grip, due to unintended forces not being mitigated the same way as polymer. If you want an all metal gun look into sig p22X series or one of the others. They are designed from the ground up around the all metal components. Yes Aluminum is tough. Airplane skin and Sig P226 tough, BUT its not designed from the ground up as the intended frame material. one cannot say that it would or would not incur unintended stresses, where the poly was meant to flex, why chance it.

If you are simply worried about longevity of the poly grips, look into the P320's buy a few spare grips at 40-45$ a pop and have many many years of perfect frames on hand to replace for a fraction of the cost. I think there are poly80's for glock that you can set to the side too. you just have to remove some more pins and a little more bench time in swapping a glock frame.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    If you like the idea of an aluminum framed Glock, there is the ZRO Delta Modulus to consider. I don't know a ton about them, but it might be more what you're looking for.

Top Bottom