• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    I picked up a VP9SK this past weekend. In my excitement over even finding anything on the shelf I didn't realize that how it was labeled and the pricing listed didn't really match up to what I bought.

Cabela's had it listed as a VP9SK for $649.

What I was sold was the VP9SK-B (It didn't even dawn on me when I handled the gun it didn't have the typical H&K mag release) with night sights, 13rd + 2 10 round mags. The serial number matches the serial number on the case, so I'm certain that the H&K part number is 81000293 which is supposed to be for a VP9SK-B 9mm, with one 13rd and one 10rd magazine – MSRP $749.

However, the gun I received seems to match 81000294 which their site says is for a VP9SK-B 9mm, with one 13rd, two 10rd magazine and night sights – MSRP $849

For sure it appears like they used the wrong tag on the display, I took a picture of it at the store and it said VP9SK, not the 'B' model which is limited production. $649 also seems a lot closer to the non-night sight model, and it seems misguided that they'd discount $200 off of MSRP. However, I'm surprised that H&K themselves would have the wrong model # on the box's label, I assume manufactures would QA anything associated with firearm paperwork, but maybe I'm wrong and this is more common?

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Did the wrong box come from HK or did the store put your gun in the wrong box as well as someone else's? Unless I'm not tracking your story

Had that happen when I picked up a gun. They gave me one for the same model but an MOS equipped moddle. Didnt look at the numbers on the case to compare to my Serial Number. They called a couple days later.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    That's what's odd to me as well, the serial # for the gun on the box matches the 3 serial #'s on the gun itself, but the MODEL # on the box appears wrong. Also, the foam insert isn't the correct one, only room for 2 mags, not 3, which is why the sales guy ended up just shoving the 3rd mag in there.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    The foam insert only has 2 mag cut outs. If it's like the full-size VP9 LE version that comes with 3 mags and night sights

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    major screw up. it's worthless. I'll give you $100 for it.

Sounds like a clerical error but as long as the SNs match it ought to be legal. Call it a win and move on.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Was researching VP9SK and ran across this. The normal HK sights will glow in the dark for awhile when exposed to lights but will not stay visible like normal night sights. Just wondering.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Was researching VP9SK and ran across this. The normal HK sights will glow in the dark for awhile when exposed to lights but will not stay visible like normal night sights. Just wondering.
    The sights get really bright when exposed to direct light, but the glow doesn't last very long.

I have a VP9-B. I actually prefer the paddle release but I that's another story. Anyway, I would say the sights glow for 10-15 minutes max.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Correct, they're old school glow-in-the-dark paint: charge it up with a light source and it'll glow a few minutes. not terribly useful IMO

Top Bottom