• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I have been in the market for something different since I sold my Taurus PT-111 G2. It was completely reliable and was easily concealed, but I had a difficult time gripping it. I could barely get all my fingers on the grip and never got comfortable shooting it quickly. I have rather wide but not long hands. Here's a picture of me palming a little Kel Tec p3at I used to have (and couldn't shoot for ****).
    gprYEnn.jpg

Of course, the used market is very tight right now, but I've found a few candidates and am looking for some opinions about each.

#1 (at LGS)- an FEG Hi power clone. Finish isn't great, has some spotting on the slide, but seems to be in good working condition. 1 mag.

#2 (at LGS)- an Arcus 94 Hi power clone. Finish is pretty worn but no rust. Would need new grips; the Hogue type finger groove grips it comes with will not work. 1 mag, that didn't fall free when released, but I think it just needs some cleaning.

#3 (online)- a Sar B6P (CZ-75 clone). Obviously haven't fondled this one, but looks to be in great shape. Owner claims to have only put about one box of ammo through it. 4 mags and a box.

All of these guns are similarly priced. With shipping and transfer, the Sar would be a little more, but the difference is less than the cost of three mags.

So, which would you go for? I'd love to pick up more than one of these but I don't think it's in my fun budget right now.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Is the FEG there true hi power clone? (They have a a true clone, a smith/browning bda style gun, and one that's a hybrid of the 2) if it's in the true clone category, it gets my vote.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I agree with SAR, seems to be in the best condition and I’ve heard good thing about them. I’ve never shot any of those that you’ve listed but if I were looking to choose between the three, it would be the CZ Clone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sempifi99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have any personal experience with any of them, but I highly recommend against buying anything used that you cannot see first hand.

I also wouldn't assume the that anything that is wrong can be easily fixed, ask for the seller to fix it if it is a no cost item like the gun needs cleaned.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I don't have any personal experience with any of them, but I highly recommend against buying anything used that you cannot see first hand.

I also wouldn't assume the that anything that is wrong can be easily fixed, ask for the seller to fix it if it is a no cost item like the gun needs cleaned.

That's good advice, and I think I'm actually going to go in a different direction. Saw a couple new guns listed in my price range that I'm looking at.

Top Bottom