• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    A while back I set up in stock alerts at a few places for a Ruger LCR in .22 caliber. Seems like a good idea to get one to go with my .38, right? Got a notification today… $520? For a 22? WTF? I remember when you could get these for $350-$370… Wow...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I have been buying doubles of some guns over the past ten years or so with having two kids so the division will be easier when the time arrives.
    I have a NIB Stainless Walther made in the USA TPH 22 and started looking for another, LOLOLOLOL,, they were selling on GB for 16 to 1,750.00 bucks.
    Mags were just as silly...
    I believe I paid 350 bucks for it new.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A while back I set up in stock alerts at a few places for a Ruger LCR in .22 caliber. Seems like a good idea to get one to go with my .38, right? Got a notification today… $520? For a 22? WTF? I remember when you could get these for $350-$370… Wow...

I'd pass on this until the hype is over. Even if things go leftist in November 10rd and under 22lr pistols/revolvers won't be in the ban list.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My big brother was thrilled to find a .44 Cimarron 1872 for under 500.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'd pass on this until the hype is over. Even if things go leftist in November 10rd and under 22lr pistols/revolvers won't be in the ban list.

California defined any 22lr that holds more than 10 rounds an assault weapon in their list of so called assaults weapons. I wouldn’t take anything for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Talked to a gent at lakeside this evening.

He was sure he had it all figured out. He was taking his 18 year old daughter to Point Blank next week.

He was sure they had more than enough to put a bunch of guns in daughter's hand to find the best fit.

I mentioned he might want to call ahead to make sure they had stock. He was sure they did...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Up here in NE Indiana, I haven't noticed much of a jump in prices, but I have noticed the selection being at a minimum...
    Current demand is high, which makes it a seller's market...if you can wait, that will save you a few $$!
    Me, I'm not focused on buying any new toys at this time as I pretty much already have what I want...but I did sell a few!
    My current focus is on acquiring ammo...and will probably get into reloading at some point this year (9, .45, .357, etc.)!

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Up here in NE Indiana, I haven't noticed much of a jump in prices, but I have noticed the selection being at a minimum...
    Current demand is high, which makes it a seller's market...if you can wait, that will save you a few $$!
    Me, I'm not focused on buying any new toys at this time as I pretty much already have what I want...but I did sell a few!
    My current focus is on acquiring ammo...and will probably get into reloading at some point this year (9, .45, .357, etc.)!

Yeah I keep saying I'm going to sell a few , seems like the right time to do so. Been shooting more rimfire lately. Luckily I have been reloading since the late 1980s , usually its just getting motivated to reload. A thousand bullets arrived this week for 9mm and 357 so that will keep me loading for a while.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I have been buying doubles of some guns over the past ten years or so with having two kids so the division will be easier when the time arrives.
    I have a NIB Stainless Walther made in the USA TPH 22 and started looking for another, LOLOLOLOL,, they were selling on GB for 16 to 1,750.00 bucks.
    Mags were just as silly...
    I believe I paid 350 bucks for it new.

I was at the Muncie gun show today, and Rick from trigger sports still had a blued one at normal price.
    BTW, Thanks Brian for the creedmoor food, and thanks Rosa for the target deal.
    Oh, and Apache was there, so evidently reports of their demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

They may not end up on a ban list, but I don't think the price will drop to previous prices if a lot of other guns do end up on a ban list.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

$450-$475 seems like it was usually a pretty decent deal for these. I don't recall ever seeing them in the $350 range with any regularity.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I was at the Muncie gun show today, and Rick from trigger sports still had a blued one at normal price.
    BTW, Thanks Brian for the creedmoor food, and thanks Rosa for the target deal.
    Oh, and Apache was there, so evidently reports of their demise have been greatly exaggerated.
    You're welcome! 6.5 Creedmoor is one of the calibers that I can actually still get without having to pay a big premium to keep it on the shelves. Sooner or later it will dry up if things don't stabilize soon. Now is a good time to buy calibers like that while they are still available at normal prices.

Top Bottom