4D58B9A0-36DE-4107-A0C6-9EE4F89A6999.jpeg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm set with the M&P system, but that looks like a nice addition to the Glock line. If I had bought a G19 way back when, I'd probably have one of these to compliment it. Just like I have a Shield to go with my 2.0 Compact.

I would rather be able to use the Holosun 407/507K though. Just a personal choice not based on any statistical data.:)

When they say "non-standard" accessory rail does that mean it will only accept propitiatory attachments?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm set with the M&P system, but that looks like a nice addition to the Glock line. If I had bought a G19 way back when, I'd probably have one of these to compliment it. Just like I have a Shield to go with my 2.0 Compact.

I would rather be able to use the Holosun 407/507K though. Just a personal choice not based on any statistical data.:)

When they say "non-standard" accessory rail does that mean it will only accept propitiatory attachments?

I think the 407/507k cut is what these have.

Yes, it's narrower than a standard pic rail, so that it's not fatter than the rest of the gun. When pics of the European railed model where shown off, they had a nice looking new mystery Surefire light attached. I imagine we will see some offering with more impressive light output than the TLR6 Which has been pretty much the only decent option for most the slim compacts like the 42,43, shield, 365 etc.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Great Lakes Gunworks had a pick on their page the other day of a 43x with an RMR on top. There wasn't much overhang on it at all.

It's not like the RMR has gotten smaller, either.

So with the apparent viability of an actual RMR on a 43x or a 48... World of possibilities.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Great Lakes Gunworks had a pick on their page the other day of a 43x with an RMR on top. There wasn't much overhang on it at all.

It's not like the RMR has gotten smaller, either.

So with the apparent viability of an actual RMR on a 43x or a 48... World of possibilities.

Except this isn't cut to work with an RMR or use plate systems like a regular MOS so you are back to square one if you want to go that route.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Except this isn't cut to work with an RMR or use plate systems like a regular MOS so you are back to square one if you want to go that route.

Correct. The new ones are a boiler plate cut to work with a very specific (and low quality) optic. Which is unfortunate.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have a shield optic on my 43 slide. No complaints yet.
    I'm usually a trijicon rmr ONLY person but this one will do until trijicon releases a smaller optic for my 43

Gonna rack the gun off something using the optic? I know you buy high quality kit, man. But this for sure is NOT at all HQ kit.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Gonna rack the gun off something using the optic? I know you buy high quality kit, man. But this for sure is NOT at all HQ kit.
    It fits the need I have. Its metal so i could do that if i needed to. Probably would hold up better than the plastic sights. Also I'm not engaging targets past 20 yards with it most likely and I could still be accurate within that distance without a redot if needed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think this is really good. It forces the hands of optic makers to compete with each other on top of a kick in the butt to standardize mounting patterns.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    There’s only like...1 red dot that is made to fit these right now?

Shield makes one, that can be configured in a few ways if I recall correctly, choice of poly or metal for body, and choice of glass of poly for lens. Holosun makes the 507k and 407k. Sig makes one, the Romeo 0 I think is there's.

I can't imagine Trijicon will let there market continue to erode to these guys.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There’s only like...1 red dot that is made to fit these right now?
    Shield RMSC, JP Enterprises JPoint (which is apparently made my Shield), Holosun 407k/507k (the version 2's got pulled off the market due to the Trijicon lawsuit and will be released next month at the X2 smaller button models), Swampfox Sentinel (there are some other lesser known companies that look like the Swampfox Sentinel but they're missing some features but they're all made in China by probably the same manufacturer who isn't Holosun because the American owner of Swampfox has been quoted as saying that Holosun has a superior emitter technology that they won't share), Sig Romeo Zero (it's been long suspected the Sig Optics are actually made by Holosun but they will be labeled as "assembled in America/Philippines/Malaysia/etc..." but in other forums people in the industry say it's Chinese made parts.

All of these will "fit" the micro carry footprint that Shield RMSC started. The 407k/507k require some minor modification to the lugs but apparently Holosun is working with the industry to make their footprint the defacto footprint as theirs fits all the others without modifying them.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Has anyone seen the Glock 43x mos in any local gun stores? I have been looking for one for awhile and can't find them anywhere. I get everyone is buying guns, but from my conversations with gun store employees, no one has even seen a g43x mos cross their selves. Just wondering if they are actually being shipped out.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone seen the Glock 43x mos in any local gun stores? I have been looking for one for awhile and can't find them anywhere. I get everyone is buying guns, but from my conversations with gun store employees, no one has even seen a g43x mos cross their selves. Just wondering if they are actually being shipped out.

I've not seen any in person, but there are sold GB auctions that have "in hand" pics, so at least some of them are shipping out.

Top Bottom