Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Glock 43 vs Glock 43x

  1. #21
    Grandmaster Gabriel's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    While not questioning him, I'd like to have heard more details other than "they're junk". I'd lke to know how many people have come through the class using Shield Arms mags and how many failed. Wouldn't mind a compilation of jammed up 43xs and 48s to help solidify his statement.

    A couple of the other videos I clicked on afterward were just people shooting them for the first time, so their reviews are pretty useless.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

  2. #22
    Midnight Rider

    User Info Menu

    I'm just passing the Yeager vid along. Not siding with him.

    I don't really have a dog in the fight on the G43x/G48. I'm invested in the G43. Wouldn't want to be without this perfectly sized deep cover/weak hand carry, BUG gun.

    I have pondered the G43/G48 many times but cannot get by the magazine incompatibility with the G43. Cannot afford the mix up possibility on top of having many G43 mags.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  3. #23
    Expert Amishman44's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    I have had a Glock 43 for some time. Bought it before the 43x came out. I havenít carried it, and only shot it once.
    The 43 only carries 6 rounds. 43x carries 10. What are the other major differences? Is it worth keeping the 43, or should I consider ditching it for a 43x?
    I have also just discovered the mag extensions by Taran Tactical. Whatís the opinion on those?
    I've had a 43, a 43X, and a 48...and went back to the Glock 26 for comfort...just didn't get into the 'skinny' frame!
    With a Glock 19 magazine and an X-Grip spacer, that's still the best-fitting Glock grip for me!
    Comfort matters...and to each their own!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

  4. #24
    JHB
    JHB is offline
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I saw on another forum the Shield Arms mags were scratching the back of the mag well when being inserted. This could be from a burr on the mag that is easy to fix but makes me question there quality. I also saw pictures of the feed lips and maybe it was the lighting but they looked dinged up. Until I can look at one in a store and see more reviews than they look good but have not used them or they worked for 100 rounds I will reserve judgement.

  5. #25
    Mickey Mantle Trigger Time's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
    I saw on another forum the Shield Arms mags were scratching the back of the mag well when being inserted. This could be from a burr on the mag that is easy to fix but makes me question there quality. I also saw pictures of the feed lips and maybe it was the lighting but they looked dinged up. Until I can look at one in a store and see more reviews than they look good but have not used them or they worked for 100 rounds I will reserve judgement.
    Most gun owners dont even fire their carry gun before they start to carry them.
    Not saying YOU JHB, but I find it funny when i see a lot of gun owners discussing mag reliability and such, when they never even shoot their pistol to begin with.

    43x with the shield mags for me. I have a 43 I'll be listing soon.

  6. #26
    Expert ajeandy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    I have had a Glock 43 for some time. Bought it before the 43x came out. I havenít carried it, and only shot it once.

    The 43 only carries 6 rounds. 43x carries 10. What are the other major differences? Is it worth keeping the 43, or should I consider ditching it for a 43x?

    I have also just discovered the mag extensions by Taran Tactical. Whatís the opinion on those?
    As others have said the 43x can hold 15+1 with the Shield Arms steel magazines. I have 3 of these and they're reliable. I wouldn't even consider a Glock 43 over the 43x. If I need to carry something tiny it's the LCP but usually it's the 43x that's accompanying me everywhere.

  7. #27
    KG1
    KG1 is offline
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Most gun owners dont even fire their carry gun before they start to carry them.
    Not saying YOU JHB, but I find it funny when i see a lot of gun owners discussing mag reliability and such, when they never even shoot their pistol to begin with.

    43x with the shield mags for me. I have a 43 I'll be listing soon.
    What do you think about Yeager saying the Shield mags are junk?

    I havenít really seen much of anyone else saying the same thing.

    The consensus Iíve mostly seen seems to suggest they are GTG.

  8. #28
    Mickey Mantle Trigger Time's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    What do you think about Yeager saying the Shield mags are junk?

    I havenít really seen much of anyone else saying the same thing.

    The consensus Iíve mostly seen seems to suggest they are GTG.
    I havent even looked at his video.
    I think maybe his testing environment is different than what I'll ever encounter with my 43x and shield mags.
    I've fired just under 300 rounds through the 2 I have. Zero issues.

    I'll give an example.
    I was at a tactical response class in Camden TN (Yeagers school), and 2 people said the magpul glock mags were crap.
    I had fired hundreds of rounds through mine at that time and hadn't had any of the malfunctions the 2 folks had experienced. And I believe them.
    After taking more it turns out they had malfunctions after TN clay had gotten all up inside of their mags on a muddy day after many drops in the mud.

    This is not something I'm worried about.

    I feel 100% confident putting my life on shield mags and magpul glock mags too.

    So everyone has to test their own gear and carry what they feel safe with

  9. #29
    KG1
    KG1 is offline
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    I havent even looked at his video.
    I think maybe his testing environment is different than what I'll ever encounter with my 43x and shield mags.
    I've fired just under 300 rounds through the 2 I have. Zero issues.

    I'll give an example.
    I was at a tactical response class in Camden TN (Yeagers school), and 2 people said the magpul glock mags were crap.
    I had fired hundreds of rounds through mine at that time and hadn't had any of the malfunctions the 2 folks had experienced. And I believe them.
    After taking more it turns out they had malfunctions after TN clay had gotten all up inside of their mags on a muddy day after many drops in the mud.

    This is not something I'm worried about.

    I feel 100% confident putting my life on shield mags and magpul glock mags too.

    So everyone has to test their own gear and carry what they feel safe with
    That makes sense. He doesnít really go into a lot of details other than to suggest heís seen a number of failures in his classes.

    It could be the particular environment. That and I think Yeager is strictly a purist when it comes to using Glock OEM mags.

    To each his own I guess. Whatever works for each individual.
    Last edited by KG1; 09-11-2020 at 17:27.

  10. #30
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I have over 7,000 trouble free rounds from my shield arms mags. I have qualified 3 times with it. I owned a pair of 43ís prior to the 43x. They are great guns. I just prefer the little bit longer grip of the 43x.

    With the 15rd mags, itís the only gun I carry off duty. It is also my grab gun in the car on duty.

    The James Yeager video is typical James Yeager. Not worth watching.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •