Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 vs Glock 43x

User Info Menu

Glock 43 vs Glock 43x

I have had a Glock 43 for some time. Bought it before the 43x came out. I havenít carried it, and only shot it once.

The 43 only carries 6 rounds. 43x carries 10. What are the other major differences? Is it worth keeping the 43, or should I consider ditching it for a 43x?

I have also just discovered the mag extensions by Taran Tactical. Whatís the opinion on those?
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Plinker

User Info Menu

43x now carries 15 rounds flush thanks to the s15 mags by shield arms and they are good to go.
    Shield is working on an increased capacity flush mag for the g43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I have the Taran tactical +2 extensions on my 43 magazines. I think it's still very concealable and just slightly shorter than the 43X grip.

The 43X is slightly wider than the 43. As stated above, you can get 15 round magazines from Shield Arms (although they are very popular and it takes some patience to get them). I initially wasn't going to get a 43X just to gain 2 more rounds over my 43 with mag extensions, but gaining seven rounds makes a huge difference.

I go back and forth on selling the 43, but I still carry it all the time. I may get a new magazine for it without an extension so it's more concealable (or pull an extension off one of my mags, which I'd rather not do), but I'll probably wait to see how many rounds the Shield Arms version is going to hold.

Last edited by Gabriel; 09-09-2020 at 09:48.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'd only make the swap if you're wanting those extra rounds or need a little larger grip, those are the only major differences really. The 43X is just a touch bigger overall.

User Info Menu

I prefer the 43 because I carry it in my front pants/shorts pocket.
    Busse Combat. Unchallenged. Unmatched. No regrets.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I have the 43 with TT base pads. One+1 and 3+2 the +2s are for backup. Carry it every day and have no complaints easy to conceal. That said I am looking real hard at a 48 it just points and balances so naturally for me.

User Info Menu

Key differences: capacity, size, and weight. Pick what fits your needs best.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

User Info Menu

I have small hands and wanted a Single Stack (thinner) ... I handled the 43 & 43X -- the Grip was just too short on the 43 (pinky hangover)
    Any day your NOT in JAIL ... is a GOOD Day

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I have both as well. The G43 mags have Vickers Tactical +2 mag extensions for right now. Gonna probably hang on to it for awhile. Curious to see what Shield might have in the works. If it's a game changer like the G43x mags then they will sell like crazy too.

User Info Menu

The shield arms mags intrigue me. But, I tend to stick with the Glock OEM mags. I have never ran anything else in all my Glocks but the OEM mags. So Iím not 100% sure Iíd want to try out any aftermarket mags...
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast