• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    [ 20200528_122935.jpg ]

Good afternoon guys and gals,

I am a collector of law-enforcement-marked firearms. Most of my collection consists of S&W revolvers, but I have Sigs, Glocks, and Beretta's to.

This S&W 681 belonged to the Delaware State Police. I like their logo/symbol for its simplicity and realistic representation of what a leo is.

They also issued a snub nose 64. Needless to say, it is on my radar. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 20200528_122941.jpg
      20200528_122941.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 69

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wow thatÂ’s a nice revolver. I know itÂ’s not feasible for law enforcement to carry revolvers anymore but itÂ’s awesome to see what they did carry.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Wow thatÂ’s a nice revolver. I know itÂ’s not feasible for law enforcement to carry revolvers anymore but itÂ’s awesome to see what they did carry.

I was at the LaPorte County Fair two or three years ago. I saw a Sheriff's Deputy carrying a Ruger GP100. He had to be around 60-65, all of the other officers had Glocks.

I like collecting these old revolvers for the same reasons that I collect military surplus rifles; they are full of history and heroes carried them.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thank you Murph, I was just in Delaware on vacation a week ago, glad I watched my speed and did not have to meet any, my collection is easy to describe, as I like Glocks, I have an NYPD G-19, the Detroit PD "Trifecta" G-22/23/27, MPDC G-17, Illinois State Police G-22, IMPD and ISP Glocks, Montgomery County Glock, Hendricks County (I think Glock) Southport PD Glock all G-22's (I think again) a US Marshal Service G-23, and a few PD Trade ins, all Agency unknown or unmarked,
    I wanted my old Marion County Glock 22, (MC092SD) but never could find it again after I left,-27 and turned it back in, but I have (MC183SD) that's close enough, my G-27 MCSD marked, and a Snub S&W mdl 66 also with the Sheriffs emblem on the right side plate.
    I would like to have a Boston marked G-19, but nowadays the wife says I have too many and do not need anymore, RIGHT!
    19M, 17M I cannot afford, but you never know what the future will bring.
    a 1915, US Army 1911 Colt, and WWII 1911A1 Colt, Remington Rand, and an Ithaca .45 round out my collection.
    Do Chinese SKS rifles carried by Pvt YU NO HUE, count?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    @Steel Core

Thank you for your service, you guys need all of the love and support you can get at times like these. I am amazed by your collection. I would like to purchase a NYPD G-19, for the mean time their Model 10 that I have will suffice. This one is nice, it belonged to an officer in the transit police. He inserted his badge in the grips when he retired. I'll post some pics of it. Also have a Detroit G22, but this one is a Gen 3. It was new in the box when I bought it, the other ones I have seen are all Gen 2.

I have a MPDC Sig P226 in 9mm: it is an older one made in West Germany. Their Glock 17 and 19 is on my wish list as well.

I have never seen an Illinois State Police G22 on the market. Is it marked?

You have to post a few pictures of the US Marshal Service G23. If it has the agency logo engraved on it you have a real piece of treasure.

These are the ones I have from Indiana;
    1) Indiana State Police S&W 66, Beretta 92G, Beretta 96G, and their Beretta 84
    2) Marion County Sheriff S&W 66 4" and 2.5"
    3) Pikes County Sheriff Dept Sig P220
    4) Michigan City PD S&W 66
    5) Rochester or[FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] [/FONT] Rennselear PD S&W 15.

All of them, besides the RPD S&W 15, have the agency logo on them.

I really want a Glock 22 from the Indiana Excise Police, the State Police Glock 17 and 21, and I believe the Game Wardens/DNR may have marked their handguns as well

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I would like to have a Boston marked G-19, but nowadays the wife says I have too many and do not need anymore, RIGHT!
    19M, 17M I cannot afford, but you never know what the future will bring.
    a 1915, US Army 1911 Colt, and WWII 1911A1 Colt, Remington Rand, and an Ithaca .45 round out my collection.
    Do Chinese SKS rifles carried by Pvt YU NO HUE, count?[/QUOTE]

Thankfully I am still single, going to follow the advice of other Ingo members and get married after the collection is built haha. I wish I had more money! I just bought a West Virginia State Police S&W 66 snub on gunbroker. The darn thing went north of 2k

The SKS counts. I have a Russian one that has been refurbished, but it looks nice.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well you know how the MCSD revolvers and Glocks 2/3 gens are marked with the Star Logo, The DPD as you know are marked Detroit Police Department, and their mags are marked DPD on the bottom rear.
    My NYPD and Illinois State police, and my sons G-26 NYPD you had to know they were Officers pistols, NYPD is bought by the Officer, not issued, so no specific markings (Most PD trade ins have no specific markings) Ill State Police had HER prefix serial numbers, my ISP and IMPD serial numbers start with ISP or IMPD, my Montgomery County Glock MCSD then number, Marion County IN is MCxxxSD, I had a chance on a Hamilton County, but didn't make the Stout Field show at the time, my Southport PD had just been turned in as surplus and I got it her at Jenkins, then called SPD for verification.
    MPDC, is just marked MPDC for Metropolitan Police District of Columbia, the US Marshalls Service pistol was a pre-owned sale from the Agent.
    They are out there, finding them is fun, having the $$$ to get one, priceless.
    PS I have to find another 66 as I have a MCSD engraved side plate without a revolver. It wont be a real issue, but the Deputy that owned it, didn't want it and put a blank replacement slide plate on it.

Twenty-One years in the Army as I stated, I carried .45 autos and was never issued or even as I remember ever saw a Colt marked one, almost always a Remington Rand and once or twice an Ithaca, I have heard that the Navy and Marines had the Colts.
    I don't know, I just know I never saw one issued to any soldier marked COLT US Government.
    I own two but bought both.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Thanks for the education about the various firearms. I am going to start visiting Jenkins once all of this madness ends.

I would like to own a surplus 1911, that is on the back burner for now though.

If you ever wanted to part with the Marshals G23, I would be willing to adopt it :-)

Top Bottom